IGNORED

Wiring Fog Lights on the Early Z

Geezer-

Where do you get that kind of thing (the PDC?)

These are commonly used for adding accessories to vehicles that were not originally designed to power them. Police cars, ambulances, etc. need additional isolated power feeds with built in circuit protection for radios, lights, sirens or other accessories. Leer Corporation used to supply a nice unit that accommodated 10 extra circuits for this purpose. They come in a variety of configurations, from simple, such as the one in my pic to complex specialized units. Simple ones are sometimes sold along with electric rad fans. Do a web search and you can find one to suit your particular needs.

Edited by geezer

The under-hood fuseboxes in modern cars also include circuit breakers, master fuses ( 30+ amps,) relays and probably some connectors. Do you think it's useful? You can probably get those at any JY from any car, especially a big luxury car. You'd need a good bit of the wiring, and some time to map the connections.

For Example: Gram Am fuse block on eBay

Some pictures of the Engine-area Fusebox from a newer car:

post-2169-14150809222201_thumb.jpg

post-2169-14150809222774_thumb.jpg

Edited by TomoHawk

I used the starter solenoid for power too. I was able to run the new wire under the battery cable to make the new wire less noticeable.

Speaking of battery terminal, my hand crafted battery cover with original frame and top lid shown here. I have kill switch at passenger side firewall as well.

This give a very original but modern looks to your Z.

Esprist

www.jdm-car-parts.com

post-16910-14150809220641_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150809221082_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150809221524_thumb.jpg

post-16910-1415080922196_thumb.jpg

This give a very original but modern looks to your Z.

Very nice indeed. That is a beautiful engine compartment! I can see how it would be difficult to use relays without them being seen or obtrusive. More of a creative effort will have to be taken to keep them hidden if you use them.

• 1 month later...

My father iin law installed fog lamps when he bought the car. The installer put in a radio shack spst cheap switch above the hazard flasher. It always bothered me. I searched for the original JDM switch with no luck as a replacement. So, I had to make do with this. I hope you can see the pictures. I took them with a flashlight at 10pm last night.

It won't fool the discriminating amongst us, but...i like it.

post-9967-14150809586503_thumb.jpg

post-9967-14150809586873_thumb.jpg

Edited by rtaylor