IGNORED

What is the most attractive part of your Z

280~Master

What is the most attractive part of your Z  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most attractive part of your Z

The most attractive part of my Z? Well, the fact that it is trouble free, basically original with a couple of period correct mods and a couple of mods for my comfort and enjoyment. Not a show car by any means but a fairly clean example of the last S30 in the series. Ice cold A/C thanks to a fan on the condenser and a couple of my own tricks. Also, factory opiton items like the alloy rims, rear louver, rear spoiler, and dual 'racing' mirrors. I also added a 6 speaker stereo, cd changer, amp, front air dam, bra, headlight covers, remote oil filters, Accel Super Stock coil, cold air intake, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, 3" tip, ZX five speed, turbo/2+2 clutch, 4.11 rear end, BMW/Saab fuel injector connector conversion, etc. While many Zs out there are works in progress, mine is basically done. Or are they ever done?:classic:

Well, it's pretty simple. I have the ARA type aftermarket system on my car. It came with it. I replaced the Sankyo compressor with an newer Sanden compressor which is basically the same compressor since Sanden bought out Sankyo some years ago. But the new ones are a more modern internal design and more efficient. I replaced all of the hoses. I make my own since I own a hose crimper and have access to all of the fittings. I also have a larger condensor than the one that was originally on the car with a pusher fan on the front of it on the side opposite where the lines enter. More air flow over the condenser = cooler temps at the evaporator. Plus I sealed all of the areas under the dash where air could escape. I charged it with R414B (sometimes called Hotshot). I've used Redtek and it was actually actually about 3 to 4 degrees colder but hydrocarbon refrigerants scare me a little although I never had any trouble with it. With the present setup, center vent temp is 28.7 degrees!

I also have a larger condensor than the one that was originally on the car with a pusher fan on the front of it on the side opposite where the lines enter. More air flow over the condenser = cooler temps at the evaporator.

So would this be from a factory AC Syestem or aftermarket?

So would this be from a factory AC Syestem or aftermarket?

It's aftermarket. When I bought the car it had the dealer installed a/c system rather than the factory system. I took measurements and asked the guy at the a/c shop to sell me the largest condenser that would fit in that area. It's considerably larger than the one that the dealer had installed. And a larger condener makes the evaporator's job easier.