IGNORED

Need A Car Hauled West to Mid-West?

JLPurcell

Mark, Les at Classic Datsun Motorsports is going to restore my 1972. I hope to have it complete in time for the Flordia convention fall of 2007. If I can find a return haul I hope to take the car out to Les within the next 30 days or so.
Jerry, Exactly who I'd chose. Keep us up to date. I'd love to do the same with my '71 240Z. The seat covers came from Les and I bought all new blue interior trim panels from him as well. I have a brand new in the box '71 dash not yet installed. Really only thing the interior needs is the door panels redone. I am curious how you agree on a price for the work.

It's one of those "if you have to ask you can't afford it!" No, Les and I have worked out a deal which we both can live with after about a year of negotiations. As part of the deal he is going to end up with my 1970 00029 car. I have a lot of the parts for the restoration which I purchased back in the 70's. Like you a new in the box dash, all new carpet and interior parts etc... I have owned the 72 since new.

After my wife and I were married it was our first new car so I am looking forward to driving it into retirment and I am confident that Les is the best man for the job!!!

The car has not been on the road since 1976, I refreshed the engine (10 over) in the early 80's. Les will be removing the racing 10 qt oil pan and headers and installing a set of Z therapy carbs to put the engine back to stock. I turn over the engine a couple times a month. And yes his total restorations are done as were the Nissan program cars.

I just hope to find someone with the need for a car to be transported back to this part of the country to help with the expense of transportation. jlp

Just for clarification, Les was one of the guys who participated in the Vintage Z restoration program. There was no "factory" involved other than Les's "factory" or Pierre's "factory" if you want to call these businesses factories.

But it's good to hear from you, Jerry! I'm excited with the idea that you will bring the car to Daytona. Cool! If your car hauling time frame concides with the convention, you may find some California people who want to bring their cars to Daytona also. Call Ron Carter and ask him if he wants to share the ride.

Chris

Hi Chris, I am getting excited about the prospects of my 72 being restored. You are right about the "Factory" term. I just didn't want to start that debate again when Mark used the term, as you can see I referenced them as "Nissian program cars".

It is nice to hear from you I recently checked out your progress on 00026. Looks great!

I hope to make the Daytona event with a great 72 example. It will be tight my youngest son will be starting Medical school next fall so it will be a bussy time for our family.

If you hear of any cars needing transported from the west in the next 30 days please let me know.

Thanks jlp

Chris, it would be great to see your car in Daytona!

Is your daughter in pre-med at this time. My son John attended a conference in Pheonix this summer. The National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine. It helped him to make some early decisions concerning specialization, schools etc... JLP