IGNORED

Free movie screening SUNDAY in LA for "Sex, Love and Z-Parts" starring a 280Z!

Nissan Sport ed

You gotta remember too many of today's kids like the cheap movies, as long as it promotes sex, lawlessness, and lots of profanity. Not to mention some cheap Japanese imports and fast-driving, talentless stunts. You know- the so-called "hip-hop" culture. They turn up their noses to real classic cars- it has to be NEW, expensive, and lots of useless accessories, like TV screens, subwoofers & neon.

It's really too bad they can't recognize a good movie. The closest thing to a good car movie I've seen lately is Gone in Sixty Seconds. These kids probably would make fun of a GOOD movie like The Great Race (Tony Curtiss, Natalie Wood).

Probably explains why the church is part empty on Sunday mornings...

Not to mention a few pints, some pretty girls, and the occasional dusting of some rice...

Then you say...

You gotta remember too many of today's kids like the cheap movies, as long as it promotes sex, lawlessness, and lots of profanity.

It seems to me that you are contradicting yourself.

It's really too bad they can't recognize a good movie. The closest thing to a good car movie I've seen lately is Gone in Sixty Seconds. These kids probably would make fun of a GOOD movie like The Great Race (Tony Curtiss, Natalie Wood).

You say it as an opinion, which your entitled to, but you are condescending at the same time to someone who could have an opposite choice of what a "GOOD" car movie is. I liked gone is sixty seconds, but I also thought the fast & furious movies were entertaining. Especially so on a good sound system. I liked the fact that it was full of dangerous driving, short skirts, and that there were no scenes of the cast sitting in church on sunday morning.

I made a couple comments myself about the trailers, which my opinions I still hold, however, the guy did take time to write a long post describing his vision for the film PAST the clips we saw. He obviously loves and appreciates his car as much as I do and has chosen to show those feelings through his talent as a filmaker.

Whether I agree, or not, good luck to you on your film and thank you for genuinely asking opinions of a group who take the Z very seriously.

Tomahawk, seems to me a certian Hawaii based TV show was to the 80s exactly what you are complaining about now...Hmmmm!

I still enjoy that show for the exact same reasons, only a few of which you touched in...

I enjoy movies that are not necessarily classics-but I enjoy classics repeatedly. Too Fast to Furious was enjoyable, I even watched it a second time-skipping the "Nitrous" effects. I would'nt consider it a classic, but it was a nice way to spend a hot summer day in a chilly theater lost in the moment.

This Movie seems to have elements that are not flattering to A Z lover, but the Director chose what he knew, and based his wares on personal experience. If he enjoyed his Z enough to put it in his movie, that is his business, and I respect that. I also respect having enough guts to respond favorably and publicly to criticism, and include an email address for personal attacks, abuse and hopefully some support of his efforts as well. Maybe this is the first in a franchise in which the Z gets restored and the driver grows up-like many of the long time Z experiences here. When I was young and dumb, I wasted tires on asphault, drove like an idiot, making it from Savannah Ga. to Valdosta Ga. (176 miles through all kinds of little towns with 35mph speed limits for a mile or more in both directions) in just over two hours.

Now, I have at least grown older, (come of age with Darwins blessing, if you will) and recognize that other people are entitled to the road too, and my responsability to them is to drive safely as discribed in the requirements of being granted a drivers license.

People don't want to pay to see responsability as an escape, they want the connection to the wild and carefree youth they had or wanted. Maybe something like the years in(or before) the Navy that tought a certian somone the other "F" word... I would like to see a Z in a good light in a movie, not bashed up and traded for an exotic as in "Bruce ALmighty", or beat by a possessed Volkswagon in the Love Bug Franchise. Maybe like the Thunderbird in Th Highlander TV show, a treasured part of a persons history(from the tire squeeling, racing everything in site days) to the present rush that infects each of us when we go for a drive.

Make your movie, be true to your vision, and convey your perception of the Z, and how to drive it, but don't take offence when you are driving it for fun, and you occasionally get a single finger salute instead of the wave you'll get from me-unless you are dirving like Darius

Will.

Will

It seems to me that you are contradicting yourself.
Nope. Abosolutely no contradiction. It was an incorrect presumption on your part tho. I do not refer to pretty girls as objects of sex and pints as alcohol, as you presumed. I refer to them as company ofthe fairer kind, and Ale as a beverage. Next time, ask for clarification. As for the rest of my opinions and preferences in classical entertainment, they are mine. If they seem too complex to you to understand, then maybe they are.

Art is Art. One mans trash is another mans Art…..

I applaud someone going to the effort to make such a film. It is more than I can say about most of us who are quick to criticize, and slow to appreciate.

I am not condoning the language or the content. I have not seen the film, only the trailers. This is one mans interpretation and he has included a Z car, and he was kind enough to tell us about it.

Last year I had the opportunity to read a script telling the story of Peter Brock and Mr. K racing back in the 70’s and it was terrible…I would hope that someone would put together the story of Mr. K and the trials and tribulations of Datsun Racing in the late 60’s early 70’s. For those of us who know the story it is compelling, too bad no one can write a decent script that follows this interesting piece of history...

As for the rest of my opinions and preferences in classical entertainment, they are mine. If they seem too complex to you to understand, then maybe they are.

I have never read anything complicated from any of your posts. In fact, I wonder sometimes if your joking. Then, I realize your not.

I wasn't meaning to start an argument, or detract from the meaning of this thread. However, you can't talk about "dusting rice" which to me is street racing(lawlessness) and drinking beer(alcohol) and then preach against it minutes later without me calling you out on contradictions. Maybe if your doing it in the burbs or after church it's different than teenager-x in the hip-hop crowd.

I'll go with Ron right now.

Untill you've seen the entire film, it's hard to make a definite decision on how good or bad it is. I'll bet that what people first thought about Toby Haliki's originalGone in Sixty Seconds. I've seen it, and even though it was probably one of the cheapest action/car movies ever made, it had some good drama (the cheap kind) and was good as an example of how to trash cars & things. Maybe SL&Z has some real drama in there amongst the sex, reckless driving & profanity. Maybe the guy will pull the whole film and redo it to be better. Too early to tell for sure.

One thing I can definitely say for sure is that the trailers were a little short and I don't think they showed what the movie was really about.

Alright then gentlemen......:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

And now back to the thread........

I'll reserve judgement until seeing the movie if it ever makes it to the theatres. It sounds like an interesting story depending on how an how well it's portrayed. As for the trailers, I didn't care for them much and wouldn't see the movies based on them alone. That said, I'm getting really tired of the incessant use of profanity in movies and television these days. It seems as if people have forgotten how to express themselves without the use of profanity. Educated or not. It just gets old after a while. Are people really that adverbally challenged?

I appreciate the film maker posting here to provide his side of the story. Personally, I keep waiting for someone to make a really good film about certified public accountants who all drive modified Priuses (supercharged alternators to recharge their lap tops), and unwind after a hard day of making spreadsheets by singing folk songs to the kids down at the orphanage. By golly that would be swell!