Greg Ira's sweet sounding 240Z at VIR - Racing - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Greg Ira's sweet sounding 240Z at VIR

Featured Replies

  • Author

Car has set track records at Sebring, Homestead, and VIR this season.

I just cranked the volume here at work! NIIIIIICE! That is just with S.U.'s right? I don't think triple sidedrafts are allowed in EP.

  • Author
I just cranked the volume here at work! NIIIIIICE! That is just with S.U.'s right? I don't think tripple sidedrafts are allowed in EP.
You are correct this is with the SU's. Here are some pics I took at VIR.

DSC_0921-1.JPG

DSC_0940.JPG

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
Got any details as to how the car is set up?
Member gira can speak to that much better than I can. Car finished 2nd in the Southeast division and is headed for the Runoffs in Oct.

And to think I was afraid that my car would sound plain with factory SU's... It's just plain awesome! I'll record it and set it to play whenever I start up Windows.

  • Author

Another pic from this weekend at VIR.

DSC_0871.JPG

Got any details as to how the car is set up?

The car is set up to SCCA EP rules.

The 240z is a limited prep car.

Cam is liimited to .500 lift

Compression to 12 to 1

Carbs twin Su's

15 x 7" wheels

Tranny factory 4 speed or weight penalty for the same factory box with internal gear changes. Another weight penality for use of a dog ring box.

.

It also is limted to 240Z calipers front with vented discs.

280ZX rear disc and calipers.

A few more things come to mind, but the car Greg has is fully developed under the rules.

Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.