IGNORED

Dear Santa:

EScanlon

Wow! That's pretty damn cool. I want one. Racing games have always been my favorite, and I have struggled to provide some realism as far as the environment. I once started drawing plans for cockpit like seating unti with speakers and vibration units in the seat, but never actually built the thing. I figured for all the trouble someone would eventually build one worth buying. I imagine that this one is probably very costly but it could be worth it if you could split the cost with some buddies or write it offf as a business expense.

If you go to their website....you don't see ANY pricing.

Which kind of answers the question of how much it costs....If you have to ask how much it is....you can't afford it!

How'd you guys like the crash at the end....even the driver took a bit of a shaking!

E

Believe it or not, I know the guy(s) that make this. His home town is Watkins Glen, and although I've never met him in person, I chat with him often via IRC. I met him through an online race sim league. Nice guy. Last time I caught him online, he said business was good. Not too many private customers, but he has had interest from "theme parks" and other business type ventures worldwide, even cruiseship companies.

I don't know how many here do any online PC sim racing, I haven't done any serious in the last couple of years because of time restraints, but I still try to keep up on what's out there. Some pretty amazing realistic race sims are available, and if you have the time to practice, the online competition is flat out exhilerating. I do have a copy of Simbin's GT Legends which simulates historic sedan racing, but unfortunately no Datsun's are modeled, it's based on whatever cars currently run in Europe's Vintage Racing series (cant remember the name).

Any other online race sim guys out there?

There's Trackmania, and there's Live for Speed. Two of the better online racing games, but entirely different games...

That thing looks so cool. I was wondering what it would do if you crashed, just before it answered my question! I though it was going to flip itself over! Imagine how heavy that thing weighs, and it sure is moving a bit! That's a serious piece of kit. Would need to bolt it to the floor really... I want one!

If you go to their website....you don't see ANY pricing.

Which kind of answers the question of how much it costs....If you have to ask how much it is....you can't afford it!

How'd you guys like the crash at the end....even the driver took a bit of a shaking!

E

If memory serves me, I think it's in the $30-35K range.