IGNORED

Greetings from Grenada

Hi everyone

I am Lawrence and I just aquired a 1975 280Z with an Alpa GTO body kit mounted on it. I bought the Car in Pennsylvania and shipped her home to Grenada ...so I am as serious as a heart attack about this project.

I suspect I will be posting periodically for some help . This is not my first "project car ". I recently completed a four year resto on a 1973 Jensen Healey. I had lots of great help from the Jensen Healey Forum. I am hoping same from Classic Z car Forum members. Please:smoke: I chose this guy 'cause he looks exactly like me!

Welcome to the forum. There is lots of info here. Practice with the search function, or you may get reminded to start there a few times. Nothing personal though. I was talkingto someone today, that may be headed your way on business. With the costs to ship, and what I would imagine are limited access to parts in Grenada, did your last project come in on/under budget?

Welcome, you may be right at home here, this is a good bunch of people who love Zs! I have one of the early black gelcoat bodies from ALpha One on a '77 with an '82 Turbo engine, and am pretty serious about it as well, here are a few pictures of my progress-be sure to post yours!

post-4106-14150798018144_thumb.gif

post-4106-14150798018486_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Budget what is that this is a lifestyle choice . If I didn't fuss with cars I'd probably divorced or in Jail. Which ever you perceive to be worse!

Blox.

Thanks for replying, sorry it took a while to answer, but i'm good with metal things not so great with computers.

Hey great pictures of the fiddly bits, I need some of those. Got any sources? I specifically am looking for a clear front turn signal lamp (complete), a lens for the rear park /brake light assembly.

Ah my car seems to have no provisions for a reverse light, what gives? That legal in any country?

Blox

Many Ferrari parts came from the Fiat parts bins-including the front indicators-available on ebay most of the time for less than $15 us a side.

The taillight lenses I used are from a Fiat 850 coupe, I got the last set Bayless could find in the USA, and ordered several euro spec sets from Epoca Car in Italy. The reverse light is a stand alone bolt on to the rear skirt.

PM me your email, and I will get together some other particulars for you.

Will

Tomohawk

That is quite possible. I was actually trying to sort the member list by country but couldn't find a way to do it.

Mostly to kinda see who was in the neighborhood.

I'm orignally from Ontario ,Canada ,but I have traded in my snow shovel for ever!

Bloxman

like the marines?

Blox

No, actually Army (special forces)

Naw the only other z car I know of here is maybe a late eighties with T tops

In that case you don't even need the GTO kit as your 280Z is unique enough already. Good luck with the project. Post some pictures to your gallery if you get the opportunity.