IGNORED

Pgc10 & Kpgc10 Dvd

EricB

Hi all,

Does anyone out there have the ability to take a Zone 2 DVD (ie Japan) and copy/convert to Zone 1 or better yet no zone?

I bought a 57min DVD of historical interest to the fans of both the PGC10 and KPGC10 when I was in Japan last month. Of the first 49 races the original GT-Rs appeared in, it features original race footage from at least 5 of them. There's even some Prince GT-B and R380 race footage too, along with two lengthy interviews (in Japanese) with Kunimitsu Takahashi and another older gentleman who's name I don't know.

While I did buy this DVD at the full retail price of 4725yen, it isn't in my interest to make money off of the potential copies. As such I would expect the person that can copy/convert would also not try to make a buck off of them, maybe just charge for the cost of the blank DVD-R? Anyways, yeah let me know if someone has this capability and is interested...

Below are the scans of the jacket sleeves.

-e

post-1574-14150797548513_thumb.jpg

post-1574-14150797548787_thumb.jpg

First up, thanks for showing this Eric, I always hoped a DVD of this content would show up:classic:

About your (American) DVD players. I have a brother in Boston who complains of the same thing...won't play other region DVD's. Are all the U.S, players region locked? DVD players here in Aust. are either multi region capable, or the region can be selected by fair means or foul:devious: , in my experience anyway.

I can certainly fix you up with what you want, but I'm sure you wont have to resort to that! If you have the burner, the software you need to get what you need is out there.

Jim.

Yup, for sure, rule of thumb is the less you pay for a DVD player, the easier it is to get around the region lock :nervous: . If you still can't work it out though I have a few geeky friends in the US who might be able to help. Saves sending it outside the country.

I just did some searching in my own computer and discovered that both my DVD drive and my DVD burner have the capability to read all regions of DVDs. So I could, at least, copy it but I couldn't find anything in my burn program (Nero) that would allow me to convert it. Then I noticed that I already have the DVD shrink program on my computer, thanks to my little brother, but I've only used it to copy other DVDs (shhhhhhh!). So I could also do the conversion for you. Gee, that was pretty long winded, wasn't it?

Stephen

If you are cool with making a handful of region free copies for the interested parties in this thread then I will send you my original DVD and slipcover in the mail just because you and I are practically neighbors down here in SoCal (sorry S30ZT).

PM me your address Stephen. All I ask is to get the original back in a timely manner. Is that cool?

-e

EricB,

I would also like a copy of that when you get it figured out. I think I may be able to do the conversion also, but I would probably go for someone that is sure they could do it first.

Just a suggestion though, maybe after you get one or two copies that are region 1 or region free, maybe you could send those out to interested parties to copy on their own, rather than someone having to make copies to send to others.

Scott