IGNORED

I have a NOS dash, what is it worth?

owenk

I am selling :( my 71 240 along with parts I have gathered and I have a NOS dash that came with the car but not installed (was still in the box when I got it) Can anyone tell me what it is worth?

Owen K,

According to MSA's most recent catalog, the only one left available from Nissan is the 72 year, and it lists for $1650, if it's even still available. The ones in the 500-800 range that I've seen have been uncracked originals...I venture to guess a 1970 dash would be worth subtantially more, but it depends on the part number...

Edit...2 questions

1) What other parts are you listing, and will you list them separately or as a package with the car, and

2) You ARE waiting for the Sky Redline, right???

I believe it is a 72-73 dash, I have photos at www.aristata.net/zena/dash

The dash is no longer in the box because when I picked the car up 4 years ago in Portland OR I could not fit it in the car if it was still in the box so do not have the part #.

Car and all parts are listed at www.aristata.net/zena and will sell as a package or separately. The BRE type spoiler is sold (or will be Monday afternoon)

Hi Owen:

It looks like a 72 Dash. The last list price Nissan had for a new one was in the $800.00 range. I do not know for sure that you can no longer get a new dash from Nissan. They may be NLA... but Motorsports price is silly.

There are two issues that will hurt the value of the dash you have.

New In The Box - a 72 Dash is well worth $800.00. On e-bay it might even bring a few hundred above that. Packed New In The Box - the dash was also inside a large plastic bag. That plastic bag keep most of the harmful ozone away from the vinyl. Without the OEM box & packing... most likely something closer to $650.00.

The second issue is far more important however, the dash would appear from the pictures to have a couple of indentations (dents) in the top vinyl - - That would knock it out of the real Restorer or Collector market all together. It's easily seen and would lose points for show quality cars. If it isn't perfect, no sense to putting it in the car in the first place. That damage makes it a good dash, that someone might live with in a daily driver but for something closer to $350.00 to $450.00.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com