IGNORED

Numbers matching Series I early 1970

Going to buy a numbers matching Series I build date 3/70 today. Pretty complete with minimal rust, $700.00. It needs the drivers front fender replaced and a little work on the frame where the bumper bolts in but it looks to be pretty solid. One small hole in passengers floor pan at the rear of frame rail, and the drivers wheel arch looks to be full of bondo. Overall it is in decent shape, I hope to be able to drive it for a while before I start work on my 73’.

I will post some pics tonight when I get home.

Going to but a numbers matching Series I build date 3/70 today. Pretty complete with minimal rust, $700.00. It needs the drivers front fender replaced and a little work on the frame where the bumper bolts in but it looks to be pretty solid. One small hole in passengers floor pan at the rear of frame rail, and the drivers wheel arch looks to be full of bondo. Overall it is in decent shape, I hope to be able to drive it for a while before I start work on my 73’.

I will post some pics tonight when I get home.

Oh sure, rub it in-seriously, great find and congratulations!

Will

Good luck! Make sure you post your car with Carl Beck's regisrty. Look forward to pictures. What are your plans with it?
You know, I've tried to get my car registered on Carl's registry several different times since I bought it last September. Nothing ever happens. Similarly I've tried several times to join the IZCC, and that never works either. So if you are able to get your car registered, let me know how you did it.

You know, I've tried to get my car registered on Carl's registry several different times since I bought it last September. Nothing ever happens. Similarly I've tried several times to join the IZCC, and that never works either. So if you are able to get your car registered, let me know how you did it.

+1. I tried sometime ago and I didnt have any luck either.

Huh?! Did you write to him and bitch him out? This is how you subscribe to IZCC. There isn't anything to join. Subscribe to this and you get a ton of e-mails every day.

Z-Car List Instructions

To Subscribe:

Send an e-mail message to:

Majordomo@taex001.tamu.edu

In the body of the message (leave the subject line blank) put:

"subscribe z-car"

without the (") quotes, a space and your e-mail address.

For example:

subscribe z-car jhill@atlantic.net

and/or

Another option is to subscribe to the "digest" form of the list - instead of 60

individual posts per day - they are pooled up and sent within a single message

aprox. 20 at a time, this cuts down a lot on the traffic...

subscribe z-car-digest (your email address)

Tried to sign up with IZCC here:

http://www.mlinks.net/~aktar/memberdb/entry/

As far as bitching Carl out, nope, not my style. He and I have corresponded on other stuff a bit, and I did mention once that I couldn't get my car registered, and he gave me a tip to try, but that didn't work either. In the big picture, it's not worth getting mad or worked up about. But if someone can get it to work, I'd like to get it done.

Huh?! Did you write to him and bitch him out? This is how you subscribe to IZCC.

I don't know that anyone here is talking about subscribing to an e-mail list. The discussion is about adding our cars to the Registry which should simply be done by filling out an online form here:

http://zhome.com/IZCC/ZRegisters/#Classic

I know I've tried a couple of times in the past as well. Perhaps there's a problem with the software.

EDIT: Sorry Chris, I see now that Arne was trying to sign up for both the e-mail list and the registry.

Tried to sign up with IZCC here:

http://www.mlinks.net/~aktar/memberdb/entry/

As far as bitching Carl out, nope, not my style. He and I have corresponded on other stuff a bit, and I did mention once that I couldn't get my car registered, and he gave me a tip to try, but that didn't work either. In the big picture, it's not worth getting mad or worked up about. But if someone can get it to work, I'd like to get it done.

VIN:HLS30 012746

Production Date:10 / 70

Color Body /Int :919 Yellow/ Black

Orig.Eng.Number:L24 16254

Owner:Arne Berglund

City/State/Cntry:Springfield, OR

IZCC Member#:

Comments:A/T converted to 4spd.

e-mail:e21graymarket%40comcast.net

Date Registered:07 May 06

<a href=http://zhome.com/IZCC/ZRegisters/classic.htm TARGET=NEW>http://zhome.com/IZCC/ZRegisters/classic.htm</a>

first submitted 23 Nov 05 - missing original engine number

second submit - 17 Mar. 06 - OK

third submit - 07 May 06 - Ok

Why the delay between March and May.... da.. I somehow missed it on the update in April...sorry...

With over 15,000 members in the IZCC - and about 200 e-mail messages per day (it seems that way anyway).. I do get behind at times and things can drop thru the crack... If they do.. just e-mail and let me know.. no problem

FWIW,

Carl

VIN:HLS30 012746

Production Date:10 / 70

Color Body /Int :919 Yellow/ Black

Orig.Eng.Number:L24 16254

Owner:Arne Berglund

City/State/Cntry:Springfield, OR

IZCC Member#:

Comments:A/T converted to 4spd.

e-mail:e21graymarket%40comcast.net

Date Registered:07 May 06

<a href=http://zhome.com/IZCC/ZRegisters/classic.htm TARGET=NEW>http://zhome.com/IZCC/ZRegisters/classic.htm</a>

first submitted 23 Nov 05 - missing original engine number

second submit - 17 Mar. 06 - OK

third submit - 07 May 06 - Ok

Why the delay between March and May.... da.. I somehow missed it on the update in April...sorry...

With over 15,000 members in the IZCC - and about 200 e-mail messages per day (it seems that way anyway).. I do get behind at times and things can drop thru the crack... If they do.. just e-mail and let me know.. no problem

FWIW,

Carl

See? That's why it doesn't pay to get upset. I don't sweat the little things in life. Thanks for the update, Carl. I hadn't looked since the May 7 submission. My bad.

Web Forms some times get screw up in transmission or sometimes for some reason the just don't transmit at all...

You can contact our Membership Chairman directly..via e-mail:

"Tony Fruzza" aktar@cosanostra.net

thanks,

Carl

I e-mailed Tony last week, too soon to expect anything on this yet. I'm sure that Tony gets piles of mail too.