IGNORED

Z is getting a face lift

Dreco

well, I'm in the process of getting the Z repainted.. I've got my panasport rims and I just got done doing the engine bay and the engine... here are some pics..

SUNP0117.jpg

SUNP0116.jpg

SUNP0115.jpg

now its off to get the dent repaired and car is getting repained..same color only with clear coat and better body work..

Ummm no comment!

Actually i love it. Did you powder coat the valve cover? If you did what did it cost you?

actually I painted it with some high temp paint.. it turned out really good haha.. it will last until I get it poweder coated... I'm about to get the hook up on powdercoating... your going to see this car at some major shows later this year... I got involved with some heavy hitters in the car show scene and a team wants an old school Z...so next week it goes to the body/paint shop and it's getting fixed and resprayed... same color, only it will be a clearcoat paint...

I think I could have done a better job with the engine compartment though... I lacked funds to get the engine compartment painted the same color, so I had to sand and rattle can myself... all my friends think it turned out great, but I'm my worst critic... you work on a car as much as i've worked on this one, and you know every little nook and cranny.. But it will have to do until I get more sponsers or money.. haha

i like it, i'm planning on having my engine bay black with a few polished/chrome bit here and there, and the sanding back of "nissan" mix's it up nicely. stupid question but did you remove it to paint it?

the only thing i think could be easily improved is to paint the rusty browney reddy copper bits of the carbs (velocity stacks?) black, although i'm thinking there must be a reason why you haven't?

i like it, i'm planning on having my engine bay black with a few polished/chrome bit here and there, and the sanding back of "nissan" mix's it up nicely. stupid question but did you remove it to paint it?

the only thing i think could be easily improved is to paint the rusty browney reddy copper bits of the carbs (velocity stacks?) black, although i'm thinking there must be a reason why you haven't?

yeah, I took the motor out to clean it and paint it.. the velocity stacks you see are going bye bye.. just havent' got my new carb cleaners and stacks yet.. I've ordered some polished parts from Motorsport auto and I'll be putting that stuff on after the car comes back from the shop....

Hey Dreco.

So you're getting out of the racing scene and into the car shows? That's the opposite direction I seem to be going....

FWIW, I did the same treatment to my valve cover (high-heat paint), only I used a different color. I found the highest temp paint I could find (1200 or 1500 F) that closely matched my ext. color. Been holding up pretty good now. Just make sure that you're real careful with it until you heat-soak it. The paint never fully hardens until gets heat from the engine. That's the way mine was. (I repainted my headers 3 times before I realized this)

Your car is going to look so good w/ the Panasports on.

post-1264-1415079726365_thumb.jpg

Hey Dreco.

So you're getting out of the racing scene and into the car shows? That's the opposite direction I seem to be going....

FWIW, I did the same treatment to my valve cover (high-heat paint), only I used a different color. I found the highest temp paint I could find (1200 or 1500 F) that closely matched my ext. color. Been holding up pretty good now. Just make sure that you're real careful with it until you heat-soak it. The paint never fully hardens until gets heat from the engine. That's the way mine was. (I repainted my headers 3 times before I realized this)

Your car is going to look so good w/ the Panasports on.

well, I'm still going to try and do both... I still gotta get my laps in at open track days.. I'll just have to be careful hahah easier said than done...