IGNORED

Purists beware! 350z seat swap complete

2003z

Mike.... How hard was it to fit them in..... I presume they recline and move forward/back..... ?

not too bad. they are fully functional, fore and aft and recline. The driver side also has a front height adjuster.

To install, I basically,

Removed sliders from stock seats, drilled a hole through them and ran a bolt through the stock sliders and put a nut on the other end to make them fixed, instead of slideable, and cut off the arm that moves them.

The 350 seats had mounting sliders that weren't flat, so I had to cut off the mounting legs, leaving just the flat part of the sliders. Bolted angle iron to the sliders. I use these sliders for the fore/aft movement.

With the stock sliders in place in the car, I made 2 more angle iron pieces to go left to right across them, making a square frame with the stock, now fixed, sliders and the angle iron.

I bolted that frame to the new flat surfaced angle iron on the 350 seat sliders, and mounted the whole assembly in the car.

The side plastic trim on the new seats had to be trimmed to fit the footwell, but other than that, they are perfect.