Just picked up a Fairlady! - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Just picked up a Fairlady!

Featured Replies

I just picked up a 71' Fairlady! It's my 7th Z, I currently own a 03' 350z, 90' Twin turbo I just finished re-building, and a 72' in the works.

Any way I need to find the rear nissan/ datsun badging for the Fairlady.. Any ideals on where I can find one?

  • Author

Yeah it's RHD.

That link doesn't have anything for a 71'...

plus I don't know if it should say Datsun or Nissan???

I would really like to find the right badge.

  • Author

I've got the Fairlady Emblem, I'm missing the Datsun/Nissan emblem below it.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Does your badge say Fairlady of FairladyZ? You want a Nissan badge to go with that - part # 90808-E4125 - unless you have an automatic, in which case you want the "full automatic" badge - part # 90809-E8225 - to accompany the Nissan. My book shows flat "pushing clips" and sealing washers instead of the common barrel clip.

I suggest you begin your search outside of North America. Japan would be my first choice.

A 1971 Fairlady Z wouldn't have left factory with the word 'Datsun' anywhere on it.

Its a Nissan. :)

post-2116-14150797157841_thumb.jpg

A 1971 Fairlady Z wouldn't have left factory with the word 'Datsun' anywhere on it.

Its a Nissan. :)

Your source shows badges with "432" on them. These refer to...?

Your source shows badges with "432" on them. These refer to...?

The '432' emblems belong on the 'PS30' model Fairlady Z432. If you haven't heard of that model, I suggest that this site's SEARCH function will provide many pages of educational reading for you.

What you perhaps didn't notice was that the scan I posted also contained full information on the emblem types - and their relevant positions on the car - for the 'S30S' ( Fairlady Z ) and 'S30' ( Fairlady Z-L ) models of the period that new member '7th Z' asked about.

Alan T.

Scans from the parts catalog - S30, PS30, HS30, and HS30-H. And so that Ricklandia might understand a little better, the "Datsun 240Z" imported into North America is just one model of a whole family of Z cars manufactured by Nissan Motor Ltd. To understand the Z is to embrace the whole family.

post-4148-14150797158353_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150797158627_thumb.jpg

What you perhaps didn't notice was that the scan I posted also contained full information on the emblem types - and their relevant positions on the car

Perhaps we should all run out and learn to read Japanese......NOT! it must be lonely up there on that pedestal. jk

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.