IGNORED

Camber?

Offhand, I'd say the price and shape are the only differences. They both seem to be made for your car and it's basically the same part. Talk to Kent, I got him a set a month or two ago. I'm getting a set for my car one of these days . . . .

Hi Lachlan,

i have my camber plates with the car, so i will get you a photo of them on the weekend, from memory though they are similar to the 1st photo. Let me confirm that for you.

I am yet to put them on yet though, so not sure how well they fit, but they are designed for teh C110 so they shouldn't be a problem.

I looked around OZ for a set, but the only ones i could find were uber expensive (around $400) and they were universal type ones.. definately better getting them out of japan!

Japan Yahoo ads usually say that they fit C10 and C110, and sometimes S30 as well. eBay sellers say 510 and Z. Maybe they fit all the bigger Nissan cars of the era. Mass-production parts bin saves money. Gotta do some research in the parts manuals . . . . .

Hope you are not planning on any rough roads 'cause these style camber plates tend to slip when jarred hard!

I've gone the other way with slots, reinforcing plates and cam adjustment discs on the inner end of the lower arms.

If you want to see how it works find a manual (or a car) for ANY Chrysler Australia Valiant and check out how they did it on the inner end of the upper arms.

They never gave trouble, even in the outback.

Only snag is having to modify instead of bolt-on.

• 3 months later...
Hope you are not planning on any rough roads 'cause these style camber plates tend to slip when jarred hard!

I've gone the other way with slots, reinforcing plates and cam adjustment discs on the inner end of the lower arms.

That's never ever been a problem on my car, and I've never ever heard any of the racers that I know complain that a camber plate moved. I have however heard of cam style adjusters moving, particularly the G Machine style for the 240Z rear suspension. Many racers use set screws to prevent them from twisting, as the clamps that hold the bushings apparently aren't enough. If you think about it, the control arm puts a hell of a lot of force directly on that eccentric when you're cornering at 1g for instance. How much of that lateral force is put into the camber plate, which is insulated by the spring and shock, and not directly in line?

Japan Yahoo ads usually say that they fit C10 and C110, and sometimes S30 as well. eBay sellers say 510 and Z. Maybe they fit all the bigger Nissan cars of the era. Mass-production parts bin saves money. Gotta do some research in the parts manuals . . . . .

510's usually have a larger plate because they have more room in the top of the strut tower to adjust. The 240 has a relatively tiny tower and so needs a much smaller plate to fit in there.

aarc it sounds like you know an AWEFULL lot about suspension setups in the 240K.. any chance you can do a writeup on how we can all improve our handling? maybe in stages of better road handling, spirited driving and all out track setup (maybe with around 300kw at the rear wheels :D)??

I am lost when it comes to suspension (and i am sure most of us are), i know that it certainly pays to find a good suspension place to setup a car, but i don't want to have them researching the right setup at my expense :)

and before anyone else says it, i do understand the importance of a good suspension and wheel setup, i certainly will one day get there, but at the moment with so much else costing big $$$ i would love to be able to do the little things that can still be usefull later on.