IGNORED

alleged "turbo" on ebay

deadflo

Is it one?

I can't see the side of the engine where the turbo would be very well, but the side visible looks just like my NA ZX.

What are the other clues? I see no turbo boost guage on the dash, no badges on the side, no NACA duct on the hood, no Turbo logo on the cam cover.Also does not have the Snowflake or Swastika turbo wheels.

Is it one?

I can't see the side of the engine where the turbo would be very well, but the side visible looks just like my NA ZX.

What are the other clues? I see no turbo boost guage on the dash, no badges on the side, no NACA duct on the hood, no Turbo logo on the cam cover.Also does not have the Snowflake or Swastika turbo wheels.

I believe the badge on the rear of the hatch is a long one....TURBO 280ZX, as opposed to a short one that only has 280ZX! Hey, I could be all wet because I can't really read it, its too small. IIRC, didn't the turbo cars have that little blower unit that spands over the cam cover? In either case............made you look!!!ROFL Kidding of course!

Originally Posted by e_racer1999

didn't all ZXs have that vent thing over the cam cover?

That's correct, except the turbo had an extra piece on the air intake end of the blower motor that curved down below the block to help draw in cooler air than what was available in the engine compartment.

Just some trivial info that doesn't help us cuz we can't see that either.LOL

The intake does not appear to have the "J tube", Manifold over boost valve(can 't think of its real name), larger distributor, the "Turbo" Valve Cover, Turbo hood, or turbo badges. It is also missing the oil cooler that all 280ZX turbo automatics had, in addition, the vin number is not indicative of a true turbo car.

The owner probably has no idea what a turbo car is, and thinks all 280ZXs were 280ZXTurbos.

WIll