IGNORED

roadsters

Darrel

Had a z club drive to a museum featuring datsun cars for the winter.

Here are a few pics, I'll link them since they are so big.

1st roadster ( some people need to use more sunscreen ;-) )

writeup on 1st roadster Try glancing at the name of the city and say it without thinking.

1st roadster 2+2

2+1

2+1 writeup

some of the cars that made the trip

nice paint

I don't know how true that claim is about the 213 being the first roadster. My friend has a 60 SPL 212. He brings it to most of the So Cal Datsun/Nissan and import shows. It's left hand drive, it''s definately drivable and older than the one you linked. You can see Jim McAdory's 510 in the background and I believe that's our own Victor Laury sitting behind Edgar's car.

post-3797-14150796973566_thumb.jpg

One of the best things I like about this site is that if you make a mistake or post something erroneous, somebody will jump down your throat, slam you to the mat, and make you feel like an idiot. With that in mind, I would like to post some pictures of the the 1935 Datsun Road Star, and the 1952 Datsun DC3; both sport roadsters. There is also the SP211 from 1959. Typically, cars from that vintage had seating for four. There was no such thing as 2+2 lingo in those days. In any case, the SP213 was not the first Datsun roadster.

post-4148-14150796980425_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150797004669_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150797004833_thumb.jpg

It is great to see these cars out where people can come to see them.

BUT, The statements on the plaques are not correct...

Here is a link to one of several registries.

http://groups.msn.com/BADROC/_homepage.msnw?pgmarket=en-us

There are a number of the early cars running around. see the promotional photo from last years Solvang show. Next to my 2000 (#33) third row back is a very early roadster.

I believe that's our own Victor Laury sitting behind Edgar's car.

No, That's Edgar's Father-in-law.

They are sweet little cars. Check out my project: http://www.mydatsunroadster.com

I was going to invite you to the Roadster Forum www.311s.org , but after seeing your photos, I realized that you're already there. As "Conner" right?

One of the best things I like about this site is that if you make a mistake or post something erroneous, somebody will jump down your throat, slam you to the mat, and make you feel like an idiot.

No, that only when you make the mistake :)

Yeah you know Darrel everyone seems to find the problems listed on these posts, and you know I got sucked into that as well...Sorry... Great photos thanks for sharing.

R

Don't worry, I don't take it personally. ;-)

It was a nice drive and perfect weather. There are a couple guys in the club that actually take their roadsters to the track with the z club and other track days.