IGNORED

Two Low-VIN 1970 240Zs on Ebay

lonetreesteve

Not bad for a car with an original 80K miles - looks pretty nice in the photo's and worth the money if it actually is that nice... Sitll needs an addition $5K to put it in show winning condition..

anyone know the buyer?

The other car that didn't sell... bidding should have gone much higher.. he needs to relist it.. if it checks out it's a $8,500.00 to $10K car today..

FWIW,

Carl

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I am in GA and this latest sub 5000 serial number car is only 1 hour away. I am iterested in getting my first Z and have only been researching for a week or so. My questions are what is this car worth? The seats are torn, I do not know about the dash, the wheels look all wrong, needs paint of course. The good thing about it is that the numbers match. Comes with a '74 "Datsun" of some sort in some condition. Also, they do not know the actual mileage, how can I confirm the real miles of the car? It is being sold by a lady for a friend of hers, whose brother may or may not have the title that shows the mileage.

So, are the seats a major deal? What about the non-stock wheels?

This one needs will probably need a lot of work, but hey, it's a sub-5000 Series I (#4112):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-240-Z-1970_W0QQitemZ4632896006QQcategoryZ6187QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey guys, I know it's good to keep up with the prices of these cars and to some it's a way to find a deal on one but yall are killing me.Being a Z car addict I can't quit cold turkey.I have contacted the seller of this Z to get a good look at it and maybe try to buy it.With ten Z cars and three trucks I am either going to go broke or my wife is going to divorce me and I will be broker.If anyone has a cure for this addiction please let me know.:stupid:

James,

I'll answer the easy question first: The hood is from a a later model 280Z ('77or '78). The mileage on these cars is very hard to gauge since they turn over at 100k instead of 1 million like a lot of newer cars. The seats aren't a big deal, they can be rebuilt & recovered for a reasonable price. My big concern is the rust on this car. Rust can cost you a lot of money. I would ask one of our knowledgeable members that live nearby to take a look at this car for you.