IGNORED

My 15 seconds of fame

akwikz

About a month ago I did a photo shoot for a Japanese magazine special edition on modified Japanese classic cars in the U.S. Well, I received my copy on Friday. I took some pics of the article. Tell me what you guys think.

Brian

mag_7.jpg

mag_6.jpg

mag_4.jpg

mag_2.jpg

mag_3.jpg

mag_1.jpg

Wow, nice one Brian. It would be great if you have a few copies so you could frame it with all the pages open. Do you have a translated version so you know exactly what was written? - of couse it would have all been good!!!

Thats great Brian! Hope you can get it translated. Did you notice another CZC members story in that issue? A BIG clue on the cover!

Where're you at with your KGC10 build up?? Please keep us up to date:classic:

Jim.

About a month ago I did a photo shoot for a Japanese magazine special edition on modified Japanese classic cars in the U.S. Well, I received my copy on Friday. I took some pics of the article. Tell me what you guys think.

Brian

Hi Brian:

Can you tell me what the artists name, written below the left rear tire on the drawing of the #46 car is? It's just a bit too small to make out from the image.

thanks,

Carl B.

Congratulations Brian. I'm curious about the seats and steering wheel in your car. The wheel looks like one I've seen on MSA's website.

Also, for those interested in Skyline's of all vintages, Sports Car International has a feature in the current issue (#174 May 2006) on the Nismo Festival of Speed in Japan. And I noticed on their website - http://sci-mag.com/ - that they offer a free trial issue.

Gary S.

Thanks guys. I really enjoyed doing the photo shoot. Unfortunately, the car is still not running. I had completely pulled it apart again when I got the e-mail from them. They asked if I could put it back together and make it look as though it was finished. So, I reassembled it and made a few other improvements at the time. I'll pull it apart again soon to actually finish the motor. As for the article, I have not yet been able to get a translation. I hope to have someone translate it eventually. As for the question about the seats and steering wheel, the seats are Sparco Torino's and the steering wheel is a Nardi that came with the car. I went to Mitsuwa to try to get more copies but they did not have this issue. I expect they should have it by the end of this month. I plan to get more copies to do exactly what 74-26Ounce suggested. I'd like to get it framed to put up with the rest of my posters. The issue itself is very impressive. As someone mentioned, there are other well known cars and their owners in this issue. Ron Carter and Mario Lozano both have very clean cars. And I would love to have been able to read what was said about Les Canneday's shop. I hope to get the car actually running here shortly as I have been contacted by a few American magazines that claim to be interested in featuring it too. Not to mention the feeling of driving the car under it's own power as opposed to my friends pushing it.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Brian! Congratulations! glad to see a few of us with photos and articles in this magazine. The guys at lightning really did a nice job.

Carl the artist is Telly Sahara, I have contacted him to get a copy of the artwork. So far no reply.

He does have a website with some of his work and is a big fan of autoracing.