IGNORED

Now taking orders - 240Z to 280ZX alternator adapters!

Arne

I think Dave is right. I left mine in place, probably does nothing now. Since yours is OK without it, I may remove mine too.

Arne, he doesn't even have a radio in the car. It may or may not be needed. Either way, don't toss it, as it (and the one often found on the coil) are virtually impossible to find new.

Either way, don't toss it, as it (and the one often found on the coil) are virtually impossible to find new.

In my case, the stock alternator, voltage regulator, and the capacitor are all stored in a box ... just in case ...

Arne, he doesn't even have a radio in the car. It may or may not be needed. Either way, don't toss it, as it (and the one often found on the coil) are virtually impossible to find new.
True, and my car has no radio now either, so I don't know if it's necessary. Don't know when I'll get to the point of installing my new-to-me Pioneer Supertuner. I'll leave my cap in place for now.

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if the ZX alternator has RF shielding built-in.

True, and my car has no radio now either, so I don't know if it's necessary. Don't know when I'll get to the point of installing my new-to-me Pioneer Supertuner. I'll leave my cap in place for now.

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if the ZX alternator has RF shielding built-in.

Yeah, I don't know if the ZX alt does either. It certainly could have it. My point was that if you don't toss it, there are likely others who would buy them from you, if they ae in decent shape. That's all.

I did my alt. swap last night. I haven't run the car in a while, and the battery was dead. After about 2 hours with a trickle charger, I was able to coax the thing to life. I took the capacitor off along with the voltage regulator.

What does a bad alternator bearing sound like? Is it an intermittant annoying, high-pitch squeal? That's what I got now. <shaking head>

I also found that the fuel return soft line from the fuel rail was leaking-at both ends- so I had to shut her down before i could really tell if I am getting more/better juice.:mad:

I'm interested in upgrading to the 280ZX Turbo 70 Amp alternator; however, when I search the various online parts suppliers, all I can find are 60 Amp replacements for the 280ZX (non and Turbo).

Has anyone found a source for the 280ZX Turbo, 70 Amp alternator?

Does anyone have the full part number for the 280ZX Turbo, 70 Amp alternator (i.e. LR170-###)?

Cheers,