IGNORED

Triple side carbs. Need help from the experts.

7240z

You know....If you go over to the Mikuni web site they have a nifty little slide-valve that works great as a set of six. I saw a set of them on a Z about nine months ago and am still waiting to see the car out at the shows. I am told it is the prefered Japanese drag racing design.

I could probably get away with a set of Mikunis on 26th as they were technically available from Datsun as a Datsun part. I guess it would just be up to the judges to accept the dealer add-on rule, huh? I already asked Beck and he laughed. Oh well. Guess I'm off to the street modified class.

Thanks everyone! You guys have answered a lot of questions that were left hanging in the air. Although I do have another question for any of you. Now that I know that the Z race cars used the Mikuni Solex setup for racing, I was wondering if this would be and ok setup for daily street driving? I don't plan on racing the car anytime soon after it is done, mainly because the nearest F3 track is a days ferry ride and 3 hours to drive to. Maybe in the near future I can do the "arrive and drive" track day but I plan on going to the mountains every Sunday!( Wait for that video cause my cousin owns a channel here and we were planning on doing a pro shoot with the car. Kind of like the bmw films but less script) So is it still advisable to get the carbs even though....1) Solex went bankrupt and parts would be a problem? 2) Even though these carbs are for racing but can they be adjusted for street? Thanks you guys!

Ez

Thanks again Ron!So the difference is definitly there? Alright! I'm certain now of getting them and to 2-4-T-Z-MAN, Thanks also! You're probably right about the value. Just in case I don't want or need the extra oomph from the car I can always sell it. :) Thanks everyone!

Ez