40 members have voted

1. 1. what colour should i paint my car

• Nissan S15 Silver
    • Lexus Graphite
    • White
    • red
    • racing green :)

Hi Guys,

Well, it will soon be time for me to decide on a colour for my C110 GT-R lookalike..

I was pretty keen on either going with the S15 Silver (which apparently is very similar to the original GT-R silver colour), or to go with a darker metallic silver, Lexus Graphite (as seen on many IS200's)..

i love that lexus graphite colour, and i think it would accentuate the black arches etc.. too.. but.... i just don't know... maybe it would look a little too dark (it does look grey in some light, a little black in others)

Also.. i need a matching colour scheme for the engine bay (highlights on the RB25 head / intake plenum etc.) any suggestions? i was thinking gold or red and black (s20 like). Does anybody have any good links to some good pics of the S20 engine?

yeah, you are probably right, i have another 240k which i sprayed White and black (to go with the japanese cop car theme), whilst the paint job was pretty crap (hey, it was my first ever attempt), the white did look a lot cleaner, the black showed up the ripples in the paint and overspray fairly easily.

I also know (from owning an R33 Skyline GT-R), white on a car with pumped out guards, makes it look alot fatter than it does in silver.

I say silver (cos white has already been done :cheeky:). Have you considered Bayside Blue? That could come out nice and would tie the whole "retrotech" theme together... Oh and there are plenty of S20 pics in the gallery of this website.

sorry for being a little ignorant about this, but how do paintshops keep track of all the colour codes when they mix paint... if i found the GTR code, could a modern shop be able to match that colour if i don't have a sample?

any one got any suggestions on engine colours?

I would avoid thde graphic color for safety reasons. I had a charcoal grey car once and it got hit 5 times in one year. A friend of mine still has a charcoal grey car and it continues to get hit as well. I guess the color of the car seems to blend in with the pavement and buildings and people with their heads up their posteriors don't see it until it's too late and then they run into you. When asked, everyone who hit me claimed they did not see the car until it was too late.

Now my bright silver Audi has not had the same issue, so I will have to assume its just the dark grey color that has the issue :-)

I would avoid thde graphic color for safety reasons. I had a charcoal grey car once and it got hit 5 times in one year. A friend of mine still has a charcoal grey car and it continues to get hit as well. I guess the color of the car seems to blend in with the pavement and buildings and people with their heads up their posteriors don't see it until it's too late and then they run into you. When asked, everyone who hit me claimed they did not see the car until it was too late.

Now my bright silver Audi has not had the same issue, so I will have to assume its just the dark grey color that has the issue :-)

Interesting point.