IGNORED

K&N Filter

bpilati

I just installed a new K&N filter, and I think my car run a bit better now. SU's are certainly not winter carbs, but I think it's running noticeably better then before.

Bryan,

Do you know what the K&N part number is? Also, where did your get them and how much did they cost?

Thanks,

Marty

Marty , if this a K&N for a stock '70- 72 air cleaner the K & N # E-2910 mine came to about $50.00 . I doubt vary much that the difference can be felt on street use , but they do filter finer particles and flow more air . Plus being able to clean it , it is the last one you will have to buy . I have on on my Truck and have for 8 years . The truck one cost about the same . Gary

Yeah, K&N's are cool. I have them in all my cars. Not for any kind of perfmormance gain, only for the fact that they are basically a lifetime filter. If they actually filter better or give a slight power gain, that's a plus. But I didn't purchase them for that reason. If you added up all of the manufacturers claims I'd have what, about 50 extra hp now? K&N filter, DynoMax muffler, the Lucas products, Accel coil, etc. But no, just use the K&N for it's reusability. That's the only real reason I have them.

Yeah, I have them on my other cars, not the Z yet. I just don't like disposable stuff. I'd rather have something I can buy once and not throw away later.

I can verify that they do (or can) flow more air - when using them on a motorcycle (especially a two stroke), the carb jetting needs to be fattened up a bit. The K&N flows just enough more that they end up running just a touch leaner.

Yeah, I have them on my other cars, not the Z yet. I just don't like disposable stuff. I'd rather have something I can buy once and not throw away later.

I can verify that they do (or can) flow more air - when using them on a motorcycle (especially a two stroke), the carb jetting needs to be fattened up a bit. The K&N flows just enough more that they end up running just a touch leaner.

Hey Arne, your '71 VIN is only 16 cars younger than mine...Robert

• 1 month later...

I just bought the Airhorns and K&N Filters for my '71 L28 with SU's, and have a couple of questions.

I already had breathers on the Cam Cover & Crank Case, but there's still 1 vacuum line attached to my stock air cleaner, it looks like it heads back towards the gas tank? Any tips on what to do with this line? And also, where are people attaching their carb overflow tubes? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks...Robert