IGNORED

Have you seen the new MSA mag wheels?

Ed

I beg your pardon, oh purist crowd.....I happen to think 17" wheels on the early Z look terrific, provided a complimenting ride height. Vicki, you seem to have a negative obsession about (rubberband tires) low profile tires....each to their own but some of us like the more up-to-date look and performance they offer. Sorry, but that just my opinion. I think I get far more compliments on my Z with 17" wheels than I would if it had 14", 15", or 16". 17"s tends to look a bit progressive than the run of the mill 14", 15", or 16". Man I'll probably catch flack for this one!

Well, here is some flack, but not from a purist point of view.

I bet your car would handel better with a set of light weight 15"x7" wheel and some sticky 225/50/15's, compared to the same sticky tires with a lower profile on heavier 17" wheels. The extra bit of profilt on the 50 series tire can make an older Z handel better as well as the weight savings of the smaller wheel. I am not saying that 17's look bad, I think the right 17" wheel looks great (CCW, Kodiak racing wheels, Panasport C-8, ect), but the slotted mag looses it proportions (imo) when it is stretched to 17"

• 1 year later...

Yea i think that if you are going for the old school vintage look the 15's are the way to go.

I need some tips from you guys, if you got a second.

I also have a set thats 14x6 and are not chrome, I cant decide if i should chrome the set or get them power coated black to match my car that is also black. i can go with the black and chrome or go with black on black.

If anyone has any suggestions it would really help

THANKS

post-8905-14150799094899_thumb.jpg