IGNORED

JDM aftermarket and OEM parts

Sundowner

hi,

I've kinda been lurking for a while, since I've been waiting for a good 240z to come along sooner or later to put in my garage and restore. Between HLS-30H''s spectactuar picture gallery and a really nice green 240z I saw on ebay, I've kinda developed an eye to do something retro, something with JDM touches.

from what Iv'e read here, JDM parts seem to be hard to come by, like the fender mirrors, accurate G-noses, and the chrome rimmed headlight covers.

as luck would have it, I know a guy who's stationed in Nippon. He's already looked in the scrapyards, but they keep a rolling stock, so nothing as old as a 240z can be found, which is pretty sad.

Is there a known source I send him to that still produces the fender mirrors, overfender flares, headlight covers, and maybe even a G-nose?

thanks in advance for any help with this.

I like Nostalgic Hero, Sundowner. I have been doing the same sort of thing - collecting JDM parts for a 'look' to my car. It's not easy. It's expensive. And it takes a lot of time. You are not simply going to go out to a Japanese junk yard and find things.

All the best of luck and have fun!

That is a very good price for the fender mirrors - someone snap them up - quick.

Nostalgic Hero

AutoWorks for sure - lots of tuner ads and such...

RS Start (Tokyo)

Star Road (Tokyo)

Victory 50 (Tokyo)

Refresh 60 (Yokohama)

Eagle Yokota

Biko Works

etc

etc

etc

Yahoo Auctions Japan

eBay occasionally

-e

If you think those fender mirrors are pricey than abandon the idea of the JDM look right now. Those are a steal and the rest of the stuff you'll need to complete the look is going to set you back a lot more than those...

-e