IGNORED

$20,000 240z on Ebay..and rising

mmagnus

I wonder why the mileage is so low? Can't see how someone would buy a car brand new and then pretty much just store it for 30+ years.

Maybe it's like Christine; takes over the owners mind and then he can't drive it or sell it no matter how hard he tries. Anyway nice ride.

Oh one more thing - I might sell my car in the spring. Right now i am having a new transmission put in, and new wheels. It is rust free, but the mileage is unknown, (certainly it's pretty high, I think like 150K).

It's got new paint, G-nose, headlight covers, new headliner. it burns some oil. I'm think about starting bids at $8K.

And by the way, I won't sel it to you if you have to drive it more than a mile (just kidding).

E

"if you don't drive it, it's a statue"

And something like life long maintenance logs would no doubt do that.

A while back I was talking to some other car guys (Corvette, Mustang, etc.) and found out about a growing problem with restored show cars: counterfeited records. People actually make up documentation to prove their car is somehow special. Frankly a super-low mileage car that hasn't been driven for long periods of time could actually be in worse shape than a properly driven and maintained car with high mileage. I let my car sit practically without cranking it for over 10 years and I had to replace a lot of rubber parts to feel safe with it.

I have heard of the same thing reguarding the records especially with like copa and yenko type vehicles where they are ultra rare . I think unless you properly store it and drive it like atleast monthly to get it to operating temps you are gonna have issues, but there are things that just were not made to last 30 years , door rubber and some seals just slowly rot naturally . I was surprised on barret-jackson how many cars that were low mile cars did not as well I thought they should by comparison to restored ones.

Hey Mike, I think my car has 13,000 original miles on it. What do you think???

The gauge reads 13,148 that could be right don't you think?

Your car might well have only 13,000 original miles. I didn't inspect it close enough last Saturday for the typical things that would indicate that it had rolled over. One often-overlooked indication of a car that has higher mileage than indicated is the amount of wear on the brake and clutch pedals. While these can easily be replaced if they are worn it is a good indication of high miles.

Auction ended at $20,100. Reserve not met.

Boy, did I ever take a beating today, eh? Told you it was gloves off. My fault. I never should admit that I know the guy. I'll comment that the car really does have the low mileage claimed. Not that it matters. So much has been done to it at this point, that it is not the pristine example it once was.

Ahh...another day of enjoying the ride!

Hey 26th, I thought you took it like a champ. It was entertaining at the least.

That guy was just hanging himself.

By the way Mike, Eddie had to bend my clutch pedal straight again , and the hole at the top of the pedal where the pin holds it into place was so worn out he had to weld a piece on it so it would work right again.

Maybe mine is 113,000 or 213,000 or dare I say higher