IGNORED

240z NOS hood

richard1

I agree with Loy. You can probably get one from the dealer. I know they still sell the fenders.

I have a micro-fiche if you need a part number.

sometimes if you call them and ask for an old part they will tell you they can't get them anymore, but if you have a part number to give them they will look it up.

Most times they are suprised that they can actually get the part your looking for.

If you go on ebay and look at z-car parts, there are alot of people selling parts still in nissan packaging. Chances are, they have not been sitting on these parts for 20 years and just now decided to sell them.

They are buying them from their local dealer.

I am pretty upset by my restoration shop because this morning, they told me that Motorsport has shipped all new parts to fix the collision damage but he doesn't know if it is a new or used hood.

He told me that when he will receive the parts, he will call me to have a look at the hood if it is a used one.

I am very reluctant to accept a used hood from a car that I don't know from where it is coming from and more over the practice of Motorsport to sell used stuff instead of new parts when they are short on their inventory.

My car is an original concours condition that has been hit in an accident and I expect the best parts to have it to its previous condition.

What are your toughts about my hood concerns?

Motorsport has a reputation to uphold, and they are pretty much as big as it gets for Z parts.

If you have any questions, give them a call. You can probably get the order number from your body shop, and Motorsport will help you out.

If the part is used, Motorsport isn't likely to sell it unless it's pretty much 100% great, and if it's damaged in shipping they'll help you fight it out with the freight company.

I'd rather have a really good used original hood than get stuck with some cheap aftermarket part.

Agreed. Unless there is prior damage, I'd say it's alot better to go with a used original part. I don't really know very much about buying new hoods and their quality. I guess that's why I like the original idea.

I am pretty upset by my restoration shop because this morning, they told me that Motorsport has shipped all new parts to fix the collision damage but he doesn't know if it is a new or used hood.

He told me that when he will receive the parts, he will call me to have a look at the hood if it is a used one.

I am very reluctant to accept a used hood from a car that I don't know from where it is coming from and more over the practice of Motorsport to sell used stuff instead of new parts when they are short on their inventory.

My car is an original concours condition that has been hit in an accident and I expect the best parts to have it to its previous condition.

What are your toughts about my hood concerns?

I'm thinking that you're going off half-cocked.

You haven't looked at the hood.

You haven't talked to MSA.

Have you seen the invoice to verify what was ordered?

Why does the shop think you have a used hood?

Does MSA even deal in used parts? I know some parts are rebuilt/refurbished, but I don't recall ever seeing a section for ordering used parts.