IGNORED

FS: '74 240K coupe (Vic).

Lurch

I’m posting this on behalf of a 'Mobsta' (His PC is broken) .

New car forces sale.

Details as follows:

Car is James's old coupe (JMT240KGTR)

1974 240K Coupe.

Blue with black bonnet.

Black interior (in reasonable nick for age).

Sports steering wheel.

280ZX rims with near new Bridgestone tyres.

Lowered.

L24, 240Z SU’s, Extractors, electronic ignition – runs well.

Auto – good condition – shifts well.

Also comes with a shed load of spare parts – including L28 (setup for the K),

280ZX 5-speed & manual pedal box for conversion to manual.

And fiberglass flares.

Car is located in Vic.

Price: SOLD

(Please call the Mob. above as I won’t be answering any questions – Lurch)

jkc_504.jpg

Mobsta now has a shiny R32 GTS-t & as he only has a single car garage, he does not have the room for two cars.

He would love to keep it & restore it but this is not an option.

Yes, the car is cheap, but reflects what the car is worth.

And it was certainly not worth the original purchase price Mobsta paid for it...

Mobsta has also sunk quite a few thousand dollars into it to bring it up to a acceptable standard...

Does that anwser question?

I guess an old car just really did not suit him. He was not happy with this from the day he bought it - not necessarily a reflection on the car's condition though. Anyway, I wish him luck with the sale! Bargain for someone serious. Where's James??

Is he interested in selling any of the parts separately do you know?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it went to some dude from the Melb. Eastern suburbs.

He was a young bloke - a mechanic - & has plans to do it up.

So fingers crossed it turns up. I’m not sure if he was told about the forums...

It eventually went for a shatteringly low $1600 (incl spares)... :cry:

It was not running well at the time.

Well all I can say to Lurch and his mate Mobsta is if you were looking for a $2500 30 yr old car with unlimited spares that are as rare as rocking horse #%$ and expect it a Ferrari, GOOD LUCK!

Lurch considering you seemed to know so much about mechanics I would have thought somone such as yourself could have assisted Jesse in performing some of the repairs req'd at the time of purchase. Obviously not!After all, you thoroughly inspected the car did you not?? You drove it, said it went fast & was strong as well?! Hmm, this sounds like an X File doesn't it?

As for your opinion you don't think the car was worth what it was/is, well each is entitled to their own. What do you value your Z at mate? Let's have a laugh...actually no, it's YOUR opinion.

Good luck to the fellow who bought the K, he would be laughing right now and seeing he is mechanically oriented, shouldn't have any issues whatsoever with this car, unless he too is looking for a Ferrari!

I hope he joins these forums!

When you buy an old car you have to appreciate problems will arise, and be prepared to spend when/where req'd; this is why we call people enthusiasts!! In this case it's demonstrated one doesn't have the temperament to deal with these issues, therefore he's gone and bought a relatively newer model. Mind you, hopefully problems don't arise with this imported model, will he be prepared to spend $$$ when the turbo blows or he fries the motor??? Not cheap is it??? :surprised All cars can be great, how much time, effort, money & luck are BIG factors. Let me guess, he's got a huge milo tin hanging out the back??!!

All the best to the new owner, and ah, a nice little analogy like the swimming pool warning signs say "check the depth before entering" ie can you handle what you're about to get into???

Indeed there are some silly people out there, make an error of judgement and blame it on someone else.

Let's put a minimum $ value on the parts then;

flares $150

L28 $400

5 spd box $250

turbo flywheel $ 50

panels $100

console $ 20

pedal box $ 30

elec dizzy x 2 $ 100

calipers $ 20

master cylinder $ 30

TOTAL $1150.00 minimum!! no way known you can get A1 parts for this price and that's only half the spares.

then total the cars worth...

L24 E high comp engine $500

240Z twin carbs/manifold $ 500

elec dizzy $ 50

240K extractors, not Z they won't fit $100

280ZX series 2 rims $200

turbo rocker cover $ 50

new master cyl $ 50

TOTAL $1450.00

Grand total $2600.00

at an absolute, impossible minimum price.

Never mind the condition of the chrome work, panels, interior, etc etc etc.

Make some calls, see what you come up with, I dare you... LOL

Once again, sorry for the rant, but what absolute @%#$&ers!

Had enough of these two twits.

James