IGNORED

Age-Old Battle! 240Z vs. 280Z

Pennyman

Yeah, I've actually seen a few JDM-styled 280xz's and early 300zx's (like Kei Miyata's 200ZR, GOD!) that look really awesome.

Can't deny though, that the 280z has about 80lbs extra bling on each end thanks to U.S. safety regs! LOL

This all seems kind of strange to be at odds over. Obviously, since I notice that your'e talking about different parts of the country, the amount of S30's you would see would vary. I'm in So Cal and I see them on the roads quite often. I also see them in the junkyards. But I can't assume that the situation would be the same in New Mexico, Minnesota, Arkansas, Oregon, etc. Lots of nice examples of all of them exist out here. My 280 is in the midst of it's second life as are the majority of the Z's I see out here. But, that's out here. Each of you probably have the right assesment of the area you live in as far as S30's go.

If you go to all the junkyards all you find is 240's and 260's. Have you even ever been here Dogma 240? gre:

Out here in Norcal, I see probably 10 280z's for every 240z I see in a junkyard.

Not to mention the 280z's I see are sometimes in very good shape (sometimes even road-worthy), while the 240z I'll see will be in very bad shape.

Texas is the same, junked out 280Zs are fairly plentiful in junkyards compared to 240Zs.

I see quite a few 280Zs on the street as well (relatively), but seeing another 240Z is quite a rarity

Jayru, age means nothing.....

It's been brought up a million times, I'm not going to write about it again...but a 240s is completely different than a 280z. It attracts a completely different car person.

Besides sharing basic look of external sheet metal, not much else is an exact match.

Emissions were basically non existent on 72 and older 240zs--more power.

Less wiring, no bumper weight, weight is a lot less, so they drive completely different. Having owned a 240z, a 260z, and a 280z I can definitely say the 240z is the funnest of all of them. Less complicated is how I view em, so that's why I have one. nothing complicated like fuel injection...if I am having any mechanical issues with my rig, I can pinpoint the problem real fast.

The 240z is essentially why this website even exists. The 280 people are along for the ride.

Well that aughta' stir up some arguments.

Oh yes....wait for it...wait for it................tick tick tick......

I for one like the 240z just because I like the look better. I'm spoilt with the lightest Series 1. It is just the business. Nothing against the 260z, 280 or FairladyZ L20E either, I just like the 240z best that is all.

In answer to the Dagma last statement...tick...tick...tick!