IGNORED

240K on Ebay...

Alfadog

• 3 weeks later...

I think Lachlan already picked himself up a parts car.

Yeh I know. I put him onto it - sounds like a good buy. That's why I said "another to add to the collection" ;)

He also said he was going to be out of the country for 4 weeks.
Me too :( .I won't be back till January. Otherwise I'd buy this one for muself. It's certainly a good'un (bit of rust, and needs a good tune up, but would make a great project)

Well, guys. I was in an accident late sunday afternoon in my R31 Skyline GTS-X.

A navy guy in a navy commodore went straight through a red light and into the front of me, side-swiping the front of my car with the commodore wagon. He also hit the car next to me, but my car absorbed most of the impact, and most of the damage. I sort of shunted the commodore out of the path of the car next to me.

Lights had just turned green, and I moved off, so did the car next to me, and wham, the commodore shortens the front of my car by about a foot.

9 times out of 10 I look around to make sure that its ok to go, even though I have a green light, but it was late in the afternoon and he came right out of the sun which was low in the sky, at 5pm.

He just wasnt paying attention, then when he noticed the lights were red, and that there were cars infront of him he swerved to the right to try and avoid me.

Lucky for me he did, otherwise he may have hit me straight on the side on my drivers door. And at the speed he was going, I dont think i'd be around anymore if that had happened.

Bought a lotto ticket today.

Anyway the car looks like it might be a write off. If it is, I'll be looking around for a 240K to replace it, and banking the difference $$.

Damn Craig, thats terrible. Lucky you got out of it unscathed. Im interested to know, howd the culprit react to his misdoings - apologetic or denying? And where in perth did it occur, anywhere notorious?

Hmmm a k man now, i guess ive got some competition! I think itll be good when you find one though, as there is no-one here that i know of who i can share info with. I hope the insurance claiming process isnt too painfull.

Tom

Dealing with insurance is always a pain. He was appologetic, admited it was his fault, wasnt paying attention. Now i dont have a car to get to work in, and have to catch lifts, and my insurance company is making me get a quote for repairing the damage to my car before they send out a claims assessor, which seems backwards to me.

Also pannel beaters wont to come out and look at the car, as they all think its a write off anyway, and want to charge me to look at it anyway. I dont know why my insurace compay is being so difficult. They will get all the money back from the other guys insurance company (Australian Government - It was a Navy car driven by a Navy officer, on Duty at the time), It was his fault, he admitted it.

Insurance companies suck.