IGNORED

240K on Ebay...

Alfadog

Hey Lachlan, let me know if you want someone to come and look at it with you. I'd be happy to help out.

Would you look at restoring it, or just for the parts for your Manual conversion?

The guy's a bit misinformed (only 200 built?? WTF??) but that's to be expected these days.

The main thing to watch with the 5 speeds is whether it pops out of 5th under load, so you need to be able to drive it on the highway to test it properly.

I think he may be confusing the build numbers with the GT-R model... I'd be looking to get it for my manual swap mainly. If you'd like to come and have a look with me, I'd be delighted! I asked if he's available this Friday or the weekend - what times are you available? (I finish uni this Thursday so I'm a free man!)

Yeh, I thought that the manual swap would be on the cards. As I said before, you could tidy it up a bit, put your old auto into it and then re-sell the car to get most of your money back.

Saturday morning would be good for me - any time after around 8am, if you like. I'm pretty free all weekend, so could work it in at other times too.

Let me know when suits you.

ARhgehwghewghwegjh... Something like this id take in a heartbeat..no-one wants to sell their 240k in wa...Sounds like a good buy anyway Lach, enjoy it. Do oyu think you would be using much more than the gearbox and driveshaft?

ARhgehwghewghwegjh... Something like this id take in a heartbeat..no-one wants to sell their 240k in wa...Sounds like a good buy anyway Lach, enjoy it. Do oyu think you would be using much more than the gearbox and driveshaft?

What? are you blind? or just not looking. Theres been a 240K sedan for sale in WA for at least a month. Started at $1000 or $1200, now its down to $800. I'd buy it myself if I had somewhere to keep it. He'd probaly take $600 for it so he doesnt have to pay the next rego.

Lachlan. Just dont mention your plans for the car to the guy. He wants it to go to a good home, not to someone thats going to pull it apart. Take your 'GT-R' up there and tel him you want to restore it just like that one.

Offer him $500 cash on the spot (ie have $500 with you and write a reciept and get him to sign it), to sell it to you and cancel the ebay auction.

Damn, I want that $620 Datsun 1000 coupe from Adelaide thats on ebay, but then no where to keep it, transport costs, too many projects at the moment, etc etc.

Awesome Lachlan, best of luck in getting it then you can finally sort out your lack of a real gearbox in your sportscar :P :LOL:

It will also make it really easy doing the conversion because you'll have the car there as reference. Having said that, it's basic stuff anyway. The only thing you'll probably have to get will be the spigot bushing that slips into the end of the crankshaft, apparently you don't HAVE to use it but I got one anyway, just to be sure.

As you guys have mentioned, 1 of 200... not likely but I'm sure once you roll up in your GT-R Replica you will soon be able to see him right.

Like 440k says though, unless you're wanting to keep your auto for sentimental reasons, slip it back into the sedan and then sell the sedan off to try an re-coup the money spent.

The C110: He shouldn't need the driveshaft theoretically, only the box itself, it should be a direct replacement for the Auto.

Best of luck Lachlan, keep us informed.

(As a side note, I see you and Kent are bidding on something else on the bay of particular interest ;) )

The main thing to watch with the 5 speeds is whether it pops out of 5th under load, so you need to be able to drive it on the highway to test it properly.

Is this a common problem specifically with the K boxes by any chance?

Why doesn't anyone ever sell a K up here! I want one. :(

Is this a common problem specifically with the K boxes by any chance?...........

I don't know if you would say that it's common, but over the years I've seen a number of Z cars and others with the L6/5spd combo with that problem here in the US.