IGNORED

Need tire info please

TTDRIVER

I recently bought 16x7 Panasports with a 0 offset for my 73 240z and need to buy tires but don't know what size to get. I have decided to go with Yokohama AVS es100's. I don't want the thickness of the sidewall to be to low of a profile or and the same time to be too high. I estimated a 225/50/16

should be fine but wanted a second opinion. I also want to lower the car so that the fender line sits right above the tire maybe even tucking in a 1/4 of an inch. For that reason I don't want the tire size causing rubbing or any other problems.

Thanks for your help.

You might try a 205/55/16. They are very close to the original tire diameter and not too wide for clearance issues with the fenders. I have heard of people having problems with 225/50/16's especially on lowered cars. There are tons of tire choices in the 205/55 size.

Thank you all for your help.

I dont have that much experience with tires, but I dont want it looking to narrow from the rear. 205/55/16 sounds like it would be pretty usable, but I dont know on how it would look from the rear of the car. It seems like any of the pictures I look up in our gallery with Panasports mention to have 225/50/16's. One thing they dont mention is if they use that size of a tire all around. My main concerns are looks and rubbing.

Maybe Im just too picky.

Thanks again,

Saro

Hi Saro.

According to Discount Tire's calculator and my experience, a 215/50/16 tire would work fine. I ran 215/60/14's for a number of years on my '75 280z with no problems at all (the 215/60/14's are almost identicle to the 215/50/16's in height and width). I am using the dealer installed 14x6 slotted mag wheels with near 0 offset (need to confirm this). The height dimension (diameter) of the 215/50/16's is only about a third of an inch shorter than the original 195/70/14's that are stock to my car and they are almost an inch wider. That would keep your speedometer close to correct.

Here's the calculator:http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.dos#row1