IGNORED

Old rally racing Videos

TomoHawk

I don't have any vids to suggest, but this thread brought back a related experience from 15 years ago. I used to work in an industrial complex and one of the units was rented by a guy who used it to store Killer B rally cars. Every now and then he'd take one out and run it around the parking lot at insane speeds. I remember the Lancia Delta, the Renault R5 Turbo II, and the Ford RS200 Evo. He probably had 50 rally cars, but those were the only ones that I can positively identify as I was only 16 and didn't know anything about cars or rally racing at the time.

He was washing the RS200 one time and a buddy and I went over to talk to him about it. He said that he had a Ferrari F40, but it wasn't fast enough so he bought this car. It kinda looked like a CRX on steroids, and had the biggest intercooler I've ever seen on the top. My memory tells me it was at least 8 inches thick and went all the way across the roof. They were rated at something like 500 hp in Killer B form, but he had "done a little work" on his and he was claiming 800. It also had a small stick shift looking lever next to the actual gear shifter. He said that was for switching from front wheel drive to all wheel drive to rear wheel drive. He claimed 0-60 in 1.8 seconds. The car was Ferrari yellow with black skull and crossbones on the doors and hood.

It's been close to 15 years since I talked to that guy, and I can still achieve wood just thinking about that car.

Here is an awsome video I have ALWAYS loved..

http://www.8200rpm.com/stuffvids/FliegendeAutos.wmv

It redirected me to some other site it was all in a foreign language so I couldn't really work it out.

I have found that sometimes www.ebaumsworld.com under the forums section then under videos section there is a car subsection that sometimes has some good car videos there too . :cheeky:

• 5 weeks later...
Tomahawk wrote:

I remember Hannu Mikkola doing some great stuff and also Michelle Mouton and co driver / navigator Fabrizia Pons (both females) performing at the highest level and winning some major events. Then along came former Saab factory driver Stig Blomquist who showed them all how the Quattro needed to be driven to extract the maximum from these cars. My memory of the Quattro was that it was a little front heavy and not as well balanced as it really needed to have been - it won a lot of early events because it lead the way in the revolution in all wheel drive turbo technology, significant factory support, and the outstanding drivers Audi contracted to the factory team. It also coincided with a time when a number of other manufacturers found themselves in a bit of a void - particularly Ford.

I also remember an Audi driven by a Chris Buffham?? from North America entering several WRC events and being one of the few north American drivers to make a mark on the international scene in that era

I spotted this on John Buffum's "Team Libra" Trailer at The Maine Forest Rally.

It's The Ex Michele Mouton Quattro that Buffum drove in US events. It appears to have been restored to it's original livery.moutonquattro.jpg

post-977-14150795674_thumb.jpg

• 10 years later...
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2005 at 2:56 AM, 26th-Z said:

I'll throw this out to see if I get a response. I have never really asked. I would like to buy an original 8mm movie film of "900 Crooked Miles".

This is part of 900 crooked miles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmneDVfdlSY 

Edited by black gold man