IGNORED

Need help with t/o bearing collar!!??

ZSaint

I have a Centerforce II pressure plate and disc. I have a 240 clutch arm, t/o bearing and slave cylinder. All of these items will be in a 83 Maxima 5-speed tranny with a stock steel flywheel. I have both collars available: 240 and 280Z. Which t/o collar works with the Centerforce II clutch? I need someone who has installed one of these clutches and KNOWS the correct info, please! Which throwout bearing do I use?

I am just trying to confirm this information. I looked in the Motorsport catalog and it states that "the 70-74 Centerforce II clutch utilizes the 280 t/o bearing collar". Thank you for the info. This is the first time I have seen this in writing. I will press a new bearing onto the 280 collar and put it in. I work by myself so I really do not want to have to do this again. I have many projects and I only want to do them ONCE!

I pulled both bearings off the collars and cleaned them up a month ago. One is shorter than the other. Which one is which? I cannot tell which collar I should use (dummy!). I have the stock 240Z 4-speed T/O bearing collar and a 280Z T/O bearing collar. If I were to guess, I would say the 280 is the shorter collar. Can someone confirm this, please? :surprised

I have a 2/71 240Z stock 4-speed. Is this an "A" or a "B" 4-speed? I am installing a 83 Maxima 5-speed. Is this and 'A' or a 'B' 5-speed? These things confuse the heck out of me!

Great news! I now have it solved... I need to put in the shorter collar that I have. It came out of a 260-280Z. I will dummy it up on the floor to make certain the clutch arm is perpedicular to the tranny. I am certain it will be OK now that I have resolved which collar is which. A little bit of extra work on the shop floor is OK when you consider the work involved in taking the engine out to make this adjustment.