IGNORED

USA members need help from the UK!

hls30.com

Mike of the Mire,

Thanks for the direction.

Alan,

I did a search before I posted, and all I found was the thread I started from last year on the same switch. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12021&highlight=jdm+switch

Thanks for the thread from 2002 you referenced-it had a great deal of info I wish I had found in 2004 on my first forray ointo finding one of these switches.

I am still looking for one(or two). I took the photos from the archive that Texas Z has that has come back to light over the past couple of days. (One of the things I hope to do with the photos in the archive is link them to either the FSM or the fiche-in that form, pictures would be helpful, and much more easily searchable-but there must be at least two versions of the fiche, as the USA variety does not contain the parts that were not available here- would also like to create one document with all of the parts Nissan produced with part numbers for the cars)

I figured that you(Alan) or Kats would be the best chance for getting one, so I pmed Kats right after posting, but had trouble when typing up the PM to you-wife gave the last call for "Get off the damn computer, and come to bed" Needless to say, I did...

I was going to Pm you this morning-but your response to the thread beat me to it.

I appreciate the part number, I have emailed all of the overseas sources I found when looking for the mirror, and am waiting for replies...

Any and all help is, and will be, greatly appreciated.

Will

PS. Has anyone got a VIN for a car that came with theses switches?

An update on the mirror, the switch, and more!

I sent another letter to Nissan USA (OK, it goes out Monday) with more details on the Mirror, and all of the details on the Switch. I also requested copies of some literature for the club.

Will

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I now have a RHS 510 mirror, a RHS 1300-1600 mirror from Austalia but not 240Z RHS mirror. I am now looking at trying to heat and bend a mirror base so it 'stands' correctly on the car. If anyone wants to build a RHS mirror, I believe that can make a fortune around the world selling them. Why doesn't anyone build a resto mirror. It would take NO time to recover your costs. at $200/@, how long would it take?

Look at post #12 on this thread: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18525&highlight=96301-E4600

Someone has! The problem is that the cost of the parts at less than 1000 units is just under $200, not counting 4 hours of time to cut, fit and crimp the convex glass in each mirror so that it is actually is functional.

I will make them available (or the cast pieces and a set of instructions) after my car is done. Victor Lawry Gets the second one, and I have three more spoken for. As I said, they will be made available afer my car is done.

WIll