IGNORED

The $3500 GT

texasz

• 4 months later...

• 5 months later...
I was hoping to download the article this thread originally speaking of.. but i got some error.. ahh well. gonna hit the library to see what i can find.

Which link were you using? the first one (post #1) isnt working at the moment.

Try the links from post #10 & #11 (its the same article, split up) right click and save as, then after they have downloaded, open one at a time.

If they dont work either let me know.

Does anyone know anything about this book? I'd never heard of it until someone posted about it on IZCC.

http://www.lulu.com/content/174439

Hi Stephen (everyone)

I have the book about William R. Gorham, both in hard copy and I downloaded the digital copy as well. If you are interested in the history of Nissan, and the growth and development of the Japanese auto industry - it's a great book to read.

Originally written in Japan, by the Japanese engineers, coworkers and friends of Mr. Gorham, it has been translated into English, and the digital publication supported by his family. They wanted the world to know of the great contributions he made to Japanese industrial development.

Most of the books written about the Z Cars - at least mention the fact that Nissan licensed auto designs and production rights from the English Austin company after WW-II - however most Z Car fan's are unaware of Mr. Gorham's extensive contributions to Nissan's growth and development.

His Son, was at the National Z Car Convention this year as well.

It's relatively inexpensive and a good read... also shows the long term friendship and cooperation between the US and Japan prior to 'WW-II.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com

...Fiat... Ha Ha Ha... I had a friend who owned a Fiat X19, safest car in history! The only way that you could get hurt with one was if it CRUSHED you when it fell off of the jack stands...

EVERY time that he drove it the stupid thing broke... usually the cluch cable, or the clutch master cylinder, or both... (yes, it had BOTH)

• 4 months later...
I remember test driving the Fiat 124 when I was 18.

Anyone remember the "If my stunt can't be done in a Fiat it can't be done at all” commercials? Back in the day a buddy of mine had a 124 which was almost new at the time. He would take it out to the motocross trails and just beat the snot out of that little car. At the time I was impressed with the ‘a strap hanging down at all 3 passenger locations’ feature. Not much to look at, but one tough car.