IGNORED

S3OZ dual exhaust& OS Giken TwinCam 24

Derrick072

Hi guys and gals.Do you know if any company makes dual exhaust like the old days.Its full dual and the tailpipes are on top of eachother instead of side by side.As a teenager watching dragracing inJapan i heard the sweetest sound of a Z triple carbs and that exhaust combined was the most beautiful sound.Also does anyone have any info about the OS GIKEN twincam 24valve engine L6? This guy way back in the days had one triple carbs 3liter non turbo. And he just stomped on this ToyotaSoarer 6MG with Blitz turbo kit on it.Back then that Soarer was dynoed at 420 rwhp. Too bad they didnt have digital cameras back then.That Z is etched in my mind and was always wondering what kind of horsepower that guy was pushing!

Back in the 70s there was a twin pipe setup, and MSA now sells it...both pipes go into the same muffler at the end though :cry: and the outlets are stacked on top of each other....looks like a pretty cool exhaust..but I'm going to upgrade to a single 2.25 or 2.5 pipe.

Derrick,

You're probably referring to the exhaust that is commonly seen on old S30 Zs as pictured in Nostalgic Hero. It's an old Sports Option piece that Trust re-created in the 80s and 90s and has since discontinued. I found mine brand new on eBay and am very happy with it.

-e

I've had a Trust Dual Exhaust on my S30 since living in Japan. The set I bought in 87 was on a car for many many many years. From what I understand the Trust Exhausts were available around 75, and is more of a copy of the factory 432 exhaust system.

The Nissan Sports Option piece was very similar in design, though it had the megaphones as a slip-on piece that separated at the differential crossmember, while the 432 and the Trust exhausts terminated closer to the middle of the driveshaft.

They are still available in Japan, though you have to look. Many people went to the 75mm and larger Single Exhausts, while still using that original funky header flange (looks like the stock manifold gasket, only much larger).

The normal sizing on the pipes is 50mm.

Man Im so glad I joined this club!!!!So much good info .Its comforting to Know there are other people who love this great car.Also wanted to know how much does a gallon cost in your areas? Here is $2.37 pgallon.It would be very interesting to know from all around the world! by the way 2.37 is for 89octane the military sells on post here.They say that is the going price in the USA.

Hey Derrick ,

If you could catch that car with your camera that'd be great to see. Give it a go!

I know it's not quite an S30 but my KGC10 Skyline runs a twin Fujitsubo system from a beautiful set of stainless 6 into 2 extractors. Both the intermediate and main mufflers have "Fujitsubo Factory" embossed on them. Magic sound!

Fuel in Sydney is around Aus$1.13 a litre for the good stuff(98ron)at the moment, Times 4.54 will give you Aus$5.13 an imperial gallon

..Or times 3.8 will give you Aus$4.29 a US gallon.

...Or as Aus$1 = US$0.77 , US$3.30 per US gallon

Basic Unleaded (91ron) is around A$1.05 a litre.

Jim.

Hi Derrick, I too would love to find a twin pipe setup for my car. There are some reproduction twin pipe exhaust systems in Japan. Trust systems are not made anymore, but I think Spirit Garage out of Japan makes a system. I am not 100% sure on that, but this summer I am going to do some research as I need an exhaust system and I would wait and pay more for a twin pipe system. Take a look on the z webring (google search). It is almost all in Japanese, but you can use the google translator and translate some words and prices. I will dig through some of my Old timer magazines and see if I see a twin pipe system. Welcome to the club.

-Ben

p.s. $2.48 is the cheapest for 87 at the Safeway with membership.