IGNORED

Makuni carbs, where can I find them???

jimhobbs

Greetings all!

Nice place ya'll got here!...I'm looking for a set of the makuni carbs, either online or other sources that ya'll may know of....I'm not real sure if I posted this in the right place, but appreciate your tolerance of my newby-ness! eek.gif

Best regards...jim

Sorry Jim. Mikuni carbs are no longer manufactured. They stopped making them about two(?) years ago.

You can usually find them for sale by individuals on this board or on another Z-car related site. Check out this site:

http://zhome.com

They might have a link to a parts-for-sale list or something. This place hasn't taken-off yet, but it will soon become the place to sell z-car related stuff.

As far as the carbs, they should run you anywhere from $400 up to $700 (used) -- depending on their condition. I paid about $600 for a nearly-new set (never been installed). You'll have to make a few modifications to your throttle arm, but that's not to difficult.

Darn,...Thanks for the info, Mike!...I guess I'm just out of luck...Does Webber make a conversion kit that will work?...A guy I work with said he "thought" they did...Thanks for the help...jim

Well, it *IS* possible to find a nice set of used Mikuni's. I've seen them for sale every now and then. You'll just have to keep your eyes open.

Why do you want them so quickly, anyway? The stock SU's (round-tops) are very nice. Keep running them until you can find a nice set of Mikuni's.

I did a lot of reasearch (mainly questions to the club) comparing the Webbers to the Mikuni's. Webbers were more popular among the weekend street warriors while the Mikuni's were desired by the track racers and engine junkies.

• 1 month later...

Originally posted by jimhobbs:

Greetings all!

Nice place ya'll got here!...I'm looking for a set of the makuni carbs, either online or other sources that ya'll may know of....I'm not real sure if I posted this in the right place, but appreciate your tolerance of my newby-ness! eek.gif

Best regards...jim

Jim,

I have a real nice set of triple weber 40mm carbs for sale. They come complete with intake,complete linkage,new air horns/velocity stacks,and K/N air filters. They run great and I think you will be very happy with these. $800 includes overnight shipping.

Jim

Tampa,Fl