Miata Seats - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Miata Seats

Featured Replies

What is the latest model year Miata seats that will fit into a 240Z? Going through the archives I have found references to 91, 92 and 93 Miata seats that that are alomost a bolt-in.

Thanks

Miles

If you dont mind my asking, why would you want to do this? My daily driver is a Miata (91) and I don't find the seats to be any more confortable than the Z seats. They might provide just a bit more side support, but then you're sacrificing the originality of the Z.

I'm after a set of Miata (MX5 in NZ) black leather seats for my project. The rest of the car is original but I just can't stand the original seats. Mike is spot on about the speakers in the headrests...were the standard in all models?

I'll be keeping the old seats for resale purposes, nothing else. Series 1 seats had very limited back tilt adjustment anyway and I prefer a very upright driving position.

Dont forget fierro seats had speakers too, and are a fairly easy fit.

Will

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

My seats are falling apart and need to be completely rebuilt. I hadn't thought about Fierro seats. Anyone have pictures of Fiero seats in a 240Z?

Miles

Headrest speakers were not standard items, and were not offered until '94 (fairly sure). I've listened to the stock speakers, and they are "okay". You can get aftermarket speakers for them, the Miata.net site shows you the conversion. Great site for all your Miata questions.

my 91 has the speakers in the seats. it was always an option from 1990. was thinking of putting miata seats in my Z but i am a big fan of originality, so i will not. rick

anybody tried a set of 350z seats?, i wanna put some of the orange leather ones in my Z to match my orange paint.

my 91 has the speakers in the seats. it was always an option from 1990. was thinking of putting miata seats in my Z but i am a big fan of originality, so i will not. rick

My bad. Could have sworn thay weren't available til '94. I have a '91 as well, gives me something to think about now. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.