Original Z Color? What Code? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Original Z Color? What Code?

Featured Replies

I have come across a photo of a Fairlady 432 in alien-e's gallery. The color was stunning, I couldn't get enough of it. He took the photos from the Sports Car Graffiti in Japan. Is this an original Z color, but just for the 432's? I checked the website with stock colors for 240Zs just to make sure I wasn't missing something. Also does anybody know the color code on this beauty? Here are some links to alien-e's gallery of the photo I am talking about

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

My guess is 919 sunshine yellow.

I think it is 920 gold too. That would be the beautiful kind of stunning right?

When my car is under a very bright light it appeears lighter like in the 2nd photo.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

It looks a lot like the 919 paint chip in the gallery (but not the car). Maybe that sample car pic isn't right. I should have kept better track of where those pics came from - or I should try to reconstruct it before I completely forget.

919chip.jpg

4429sports-car-graffiti-07.jpg

But then this pic looks like 920 - I have no idea.

920chip.jpg

4429sports-car-graffiti-17.jpg

I'm guessing 920 Gold. I thought the yellow was a much "flatter" colour

  • Author

I would like to stay with a stock Z color, although I really want a vibrant yellow. In this case I can't really tell which is which. A paint color is one of the most important decisions for me on my car. I still have some time to think it over....

The change of lighting really makes the shade look different

  • Author

I am sorry for the repeat.

Honostly , the appearance in the photos from the links I posted to the one HS30 posted look completely different. If I did not know they were the same car I would think other wise. The yellow appears so solid, yet in the other lighting it show up brown and yellow. Kind of let me down finding out it was the 920 gold. No offense to the 920 loyal following, it is just not my thing; I am going for a pure yellow

I would like to stay with a stock Z color, although I really want a vibrant yellow.

I had my previous '70 painted a Corvette Bright Yellow. That was sure vibrant enough for me and for the cop who stopped me on a back road in West Texas. He said "All I saw was a shock of bright yellow top the hill and by the time you were halfway to the bottom, I knew you weren't letting any daisies grow underneath you" He wanted to see the engine. :knockedou

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.