IGNORED

ZG front lip and headlight covers

Hypertek

Hi im new here.. im really liking the G nose, makes me want to get a S30 and sell my s13.. Had a question, I saw on a few forums where they questioned the downforce of the G nose since it looks like it doesnt supply much and possibly offers more up lift on teh front.. well stumbling accross some pictures of JDM S30s, slight few have this lip on them. Any one know who makes it? Im sure its probably super rare.

no01.jpg

Also, I know their are fiberglass replica front ends availible, but is there any where to source the headlight covers? I think the G nose looks like poopoo without hte headlight covers... without the covers, id rather not do it... I know acrylic plexiglass can be heated in teh oven and then it can take shapes easily, possibly be a cheap solution? then would need to make crome trim somehow...? does that sound do able?

Look through Alan's gallery (HS30H), or mine, or a couple others and you're bound to find several hot looking ZGs. The front airdam you pictured on the first picture is inspired from the original 240ZR racecars from the 70s. It's still pretty available in Japan and yes also for Gnose kits (they're usually 5piece kits to get a good fit and finish quality).... I have seen some eBay person based I think in Canada sell a custome one piece front end but who's to say how that ones going to fit...

Another tidbit, because of that extra trim piece forward of the hood, the ZG uses a different set of hinges for the hood... Our hood hinges on a ZG front end would make the hood hit that forward trim.

I'm considering the changeover on mine as well...

I first went for a sort of - 432 look although not even REMOTELY as accurate as some people (eh, Alan?), & now the more I see orange or red Gnoses the more I'm liking them... Maybe it's just my love of Series 1 E-Types trying to materialise itself any way it can... :love:

-e

PS: the two shots of the orange one, and the one shot of the red one are from Alan's Sagamiko Picnic trips, the white one is one I found on the 'net.

post-1574-14150795036861_thumb.jpg

post-1574-1415079503715_thumb.jpg

post-1574-14150795037311_thumb.jpg

post-1574-14150795037491_thumb.jpg

post-1574-14150795037698_thumb.jpg

.. well stumbling accross some pictures of JDM S30s, slight few have this lip on them. Any one know who makes it? Im sure its probably super rare.

That's a copy of ( or inspired by ) the 'Type B' aero package lip used by Nissan's 'works' race cars in Japan ( the later version of the '240ZR' - as Eric pointed out - or even the "260ZR", which was not actually a 260 ).

This was available to the general public through the Nissan 'Sports Option' lists in the mid Seventies.

See the picture attached below, which is a scan of one of the Sports Option catalogues.

Part marked no.21 in the pic:

*62605-N3020 AIR SPOILER - FR ( long nose type )

Usually, this was matched with the super-wide Overfender set - parts marked nos 19 & 20 in the pic.

These matched up the extra width at the sides of the spoiler with the front of the Overfenders.

However, the 'street' ( ie - copy ) versions of the spoiler were different at this joint, allowing the spoiler to be used with the normal 432R / ZG type Overfender set, or versions of them. Looks like the version in your pic is this type.

As Eric said, replicas are available in Japan.

Alan T.

post-2116-14150795038822_thumb.jpg

Hey Alan,

In the picture you posted, to the left of the airdam #21 and above the Nissan bucket seat is that an underbody tray for the engine bay?

Know if anyone still makes a replica of that?

Curious...

Hmmm if I wasn't already at home I'd link you to a couple shops in Japan that sell them... but I'm sure Alan will be on here in the morning when he wakes up to give you what you need...

Try looking up either the PitRoad website or lemme see... I think there's another one I had bookmarked.... tip of my tongue... no, darn, can't remember right now. sorry.

-e

I can wait-there was a car in Texas that was on ebay about the time my son was born-the only reason I didn't go get it-that came with a g-nose-I wonder what became of it? I would like to make a mold of the OEM pieces, and make them available again-but I have too many projects, and no G-nose to mold from!

Will