IGNORED

EOI watanabe 15x8.5"

trs

I know this probably should go in the classifieds area, but my excuse is i'm not officially selling up yet.

I have a set of -6 offset 15x8.5j watanabe (i think the official colour is magnet?) that I am thinking of selling. 4x114.3 stud pattern. No tyres.

Depending on whether I win the auction on my new 16 inchers id like to sell either a pair or the whole set. I'll know for sure whether i need to sell in 5 days.

I have some pics in some previous threads on this forum of the exact wheels I won, but none on this current computer. Can upload these in the next few days.

The wheels themselves are not the dished watanabes, but have larger and deeper spokes allowing greater caliper clearance.

price: $800/pair

[i payed $1718 in total for the 4]

----

Whilst I am here: I'm looking for the following items for my '71 240z.

door cards- any condition

heater control panel- namely the evil looking metal wire thing which opens and closes the ducts

an intact choke cable for the SU carbs with or without the knob and end fitting.

cheers,

vincent :)

found some bad pictures of the rims:

http://acw.moliu.org/albums/Z/IMG_1959.sized.jpg

slight problem.

the blokes i normally use to get stuff from yahoo auctions dont do it anymore..

trying to find someone else before the auction ends!

as far as fitment is concerned, I have both coilovers and zg flares.

Probably not recommended on a normal Z, but i guess this would also depend on your tyre choice.

the most common fitment i see for the zg flares is 8.5j front with -6 offset and

9.5j rears with -18 or so.

Ahhh thanks Mick, i think having a nice, clean set of Wats is perfect for any zed or early skyline street car. Whats really ricey is putting disgusting, distasteful crystallized blingy wheels on a perfectly good zed or skyline....that and maybe outrageous dish - like this...

post-7187-14150795032804_thumb.jpg

Of course Wats are OK for a street car, problem is that competition cars need such wheels for practical reasons, not street cred or whatever.

Streeters will pay just about any money because 'the look' is all important. It ended up costing me $500 a wheel for suitable 8" wheels for my competition Zed simply because the streeters were pushing prices up and there was no alternative.

Legally and practically streeters could use say 6-6.5" wheels no problem, they just don't need wider wheels than that.

Anything more than that is simply rice IMHO. They are not race cars so why try and look like one?