IGNORED

got my new Z!

Well, it all that looking and waiting finally paid off. On Sunday I drove down to San Diego and picked up my 71 Series I 240z with VIN HLS30-07878. Everything except the electronic ignition and radio is stock. I wired up a pretty nice sound setup too the day i got it. All it needs is a front grill and front bumper. Just take a look for yourself!

You can be sure this one wont roll! LOL

post-1609-14150791970693_thumb.jpg

After all that you scored a 71 that looks like that??? Geez, some people have all the luck. Guess I'm going to have to buy one of those big 3 or 4 car trailers to put behind my pickup and start making some trips to the west coast so you guys don't have so many to choose from!:P

Hmm, not a bad idea.........

The car looks great. By any chance to you have the dimensions of the box you built for the rear speakers. Also, if you have any pics of the box before you installed it. This may help all of us who wish to save $150 on a MSA unit. Thanks!!

2manyZs...not so often do u see a car like that for $2700 (thats all i paid for it!!!). I looked at some real POS cars, but im sure the the Z's are better out here.

i am going to be building a new box that actually replaces the entire rear panel...mine just sits in front of it right now. Once i build the new one i will certainly post the dimensions for u guys.

Hey, grantman,

I'll post up a pic of mine after the final coat is shot on in next weekend. They'll probably look identical (except for the bumper overrider). Sweet ride!

Congrats!

That car looks really sweet, and I think you got a great deal. I think you've got 280 seats though (no lumbar "vents"), like my car. The PO said they were original, and I didn't know any better at the time :rolleyes: Oh well, they aren't comfortable to me anyway :)

But like I said, great car, good deal on it :) I think I paid too much for mine, but I wouldn't budge on my color choice :rolleyes:

Hey grantman that's a perrrrty Z you got there. Nice choice and very nice price. I echo everyone else's sentiments that it's not fair that you have so many to choose from. If you guys knew how much I paid for my Z you'd prolly kick me out of the club. But I'm like BadDog - must have silver, and I had to ship from coast to coast :(.

Anyway, I hope you have much better luck with this one!