IGNORED

JDM grill on EBay no reserve

lvmy240z

I almost bought one for $50, but considering i had just spent the time and effort dissasembling, stripping, sanding, painting and reassembling the stock grill, I didn't buy it. I'm still undecided if i like the look of the fairlady grill. The big frame is a bit, umm ugly.

240z grill. the chassis mounts point towards the ground. 260Z grill the mount point towards the sky, leaving about a 1 to 2 inch gap between where the grill should bolt to, and where the chassis mount is on a 240z. or so i believe.

i've got my eye on it, and finger on the bid button.... however, if what you say about the 260z-280z vs. 240z grill mounting is true, i might have to reconsider. the grille looks as though it's for a 240z, though, since the 260s and 280s have the parking lamps up in the grille....

i've got my eye on it, and finger on the bid button.... however, if what you say about the 260z-280z vs. 240z grill mounting is true, i might have to reconsider. the grille looks as though it's for a 240z, though, since the 260s and 280s have the parking lamps up in the grille....

I am pretty sure this is a 240 grill…. I have one and it does require a little bit of modification to get it to fit on a US spec car. Nothing serious or major. The center attachment is dead on, the two top ones have to be bent slightly at an angle but that is a no brainer. (I cannot tell from the Ebay picture if the top ones are already bent, they very well may be). For the two bottom attachments you have to drill through the panel in order to secure it. I did not use the 240 mounts. If you like, I can try to take some pictures of it mounted for you. I much prefer it to the stock grill but then again everyone has different tastes…. Thankfully….and… as far as it being frail…. I have only had mine on for 26 years and she’s as strong as the day I put her on…..

Ok, I have wrestled with getting pictures in here long enough....I still have no clue how to do it.

So, there are three shots in my photo gallery.... Center photo shows how that aligns up perfectly. Top; you will notice that the attachment is slighly bent. Bottom, you will see a bolt between two wires... this is were I drilled the panel.

Simple.... good luck.....

post-7417-14150794864548_thumb.jpg

post-7417-14150794865079_thumb.jpg

post-7417-14150794865454_thumb.jpg

Click the EDIT button in your post, when the EDIT page opens, scroll down to the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button and click it. When the ATTACHMENT window opens, click BROWSE. WHen the SELECT window opens, Select the pic you want from your computer. THEN, click UPLOAD, when that is done, click CLOSE WINDOW, and then SAVE CHANGES.

EDIT: Your picture cannot be larger than 1024 X 768, nor larger than about 500Kb. Best choice for image type is JPEG or JPG.