IGNORED

Considering 1973 Gtr Replica Project

zed74

Hello Richard and welcome to the forum. You aren't mad, well, at least you're not alone in your madness. "Razor" (Rob) in Brisbane is having a go at it, although I'm not sure if he's still keen. "Prince" (Ray) also in Brisbane has a completed replica with a triple-carbbed RB20 monster under the bonnet (although the flares etc. are not GT-R type), Kent and his mates are making one down in Victoria (www.project240K.com), "kyteler" (Michael) is making one, or close to one, in NZ, I'm making one on the Gold Coast and there are dozens of them in Japan.

If you want to go authentic, it is not cheap. But it will be unique...!

Thanks for the info. Lachlan.

I would like to have a look at what all the locals guys are doing - before I take my first steps into the unknown. I have been involved in the modification/restoration of 3 zed's (1977 260Z 2+2 with triple webers, 1976 260Z 2 seater with RB30T & Motec & 1974 260Z 2 seater full tarmac rally car for Classic Adelaide 2004 (Competition car no.513) Will be back for 2005 as well - great fun.

Let me know if you guys meet at all.

Im definitely doing mine, its just a little expensive and hard getting all the cosmetic GTR parts. Mine will have hopefully a RB25DET

There's actually one guy in brisbane who's done the RB25det conversion and was selling it few weeks ago.

well hopefully you can "join" us :)

That's good to know Rob! Hopefully you can find a couple of cosmetic bits in Japan while you're over?

Richard, the "K" guys haven't had a meeting (well, that I know of!!) but there was talk about having the QLD Prince club including C10 and C110 owners... that's all I heard about that though. If you want to have a look at mine you would be quite welcome any time.

Hey yeah, you can come and look at mine while you're down. Not much to look at though (very rough '73 Coupe). I'll be putting the GTR flares on mine, but that's it (only to fit some decent suspension / rubber under the guards).

Im definitely doing mine, its just a little expensive and hard getting all the cosmetic GTR parts. Mine will have hopefully a RB25DET

There's actually one guy in brisbane who's done the RB25det conversion and was selling it few weeks ago.

well hopefully you can "join" us :)

Hey Rob,

Seeing you're considering the RB route, are you aware of these guys!?

nice conversions!

You might be able to pick up something worthwhile. :classic:

Jim.

Hi Zed74 and guys

as alphadog mentioned, we are doing a GT-R replica with a bit of a difference (initially an RB20DET and later on an RB30DET), Initially we bought the 240k shell to use as a charity rally car, however we have fallen in love with the thing (and spent way too much money on it so far), so it is destined to be a bit of a show/go car.. we still have plans to rally in charity events, hopefully we can find a cheap 4 door 240k to do that in.

any way.. when i get time i try and keep our website (www.project240k.com) updated with as much info and pictures as we can.. i have to admit though, not much has been done in the last couple of months (unfortuantely i can't weld for crap *hides in the corner*)

parts are hard to find, and most times it is just being in the right time at the right place (unless you have contacts in japan, or are lucky enough to use jp yahoo), but it is definantly a worthwhile challange...

wait a minute!! (that means more competition for rare parts...) DON'T DO IT!!!! :)