IGNORED

Steel Headlight Covers

burddawg

Thanks for the info Mike. I'll check the car tomorrow to see if the buckets are plastic. Have you ever heard of someone painting the clear covers with paint? Would painted covers stand up to weather etc... I just really like the look of some of the race cars that I've seen with this modification.

Thanks again, Brett

If you are referring to the fiberglass fill in to the headlight scoops that are used for racing, be aware that they eliminate the function of the headlight itself. So would painting a set of clear headlight covers.

If your plans are to convert your vehicle into a day only driver, then go ahead, but if not, the mod you're thinking of will not work.

Enrique

In most cases I don't believe it is legal to have lights that you have to get out of the car to operate, so removing painted plastic ones when you need light in most states is probably not an option. Here are a couple of pics of mine, the freshly blended one is mine, the other one (passengers side) is an original Bob Sharp racing item from the 70's.

post-4602-14150794771436_thumb.jpg

post-4602-14150794771879_thumb.jpg

Hi Brett,

I was hoping to sell a couple sets to help recoup my cost for making the molds, I haddn't gotten far enought to think about a price but I will and I'll PM you about it.

I moved the stock lites into the grill but have never been happy with the arrangement, and I'm planning to go to the pick and pull once the weather gets better and look at something from like a Camaro that will be mounted tighter to the bottom of the hood behind the grill. Once I get that figured out I'll put some pics in my gallery showing how it works.