IGNORED

New Minilite/Wantanabe style rim

NZeder

Thought I might share this with you. While looking for old school style mags today I noticed that AmericanRacing wheels have released a few new rims that are old school design - good for us. The do the Wantanbe style in custom offset and stud pattern. Also might be work asking if the will do the Series A69 in our stud pattern. Anyway have a look at the new style sections see URL below

http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/wheels.asp?currentPage=1&section=N

http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/wheels.asp?currentPage=2&section=N

Anyway also attached image of the two styles I like. Sizing of the Ansen 15x8 only or 17x7 or 17x8, Silverstone 15" from 4" to 14". Images are Ansen then Silverstone

Cheers

post-7025-14150794760621_thumb.jpg

post-7025-14150794760714_thumb.jpg

If you do a search on google for ROTA wheels you will find that they have a design very similar to the Panasport wheel that is very popular and it is much less then they are. Good whell and good looking to boot.

If you do a search on google for ROTA wheels you will find that they have a design very similar to the Panasport wheel that is very popular and it is much less then they are. Good whell and good looking to boot.

The ROTA wheels only come in 13" though.

It is nice to see more companies making wheels that fit the Z and look "old school" without costing a fortune. I like the Silverstone wheel in the 15x8 size. A set of 225/50's would be perfect for them. I have a set of slotted mags in (U.S. Indy) but I would like a change in style, I have always prefered the panasport style but not the price (assuming they are less pricey, I did not see any prices).

Prox, I know that you mentioned a few classic wheel types for the Z, but there are a ton more that you are probably aware of and I think it would be helpful if we started a thread on the various vintage and period correct wheels for the S30. This could have the potential to be a huge thread, but I think it would be very helpul and interesting for people looking for old school wheels.

Victor has a really nice set of old school wheels on his Z.

Ben

p.s. Kobe Seiko (way way too expensive)

Thanks Ben, But you would agree that there is more than one "Old School"? I mean my SSR MKII's are more early 80's are they not? Then there's the American "school". the five hole wheels fit that perfectly. Like the Libra style would. Then the "Mini light" lineage with all those knock off's, started by the racing coopers. For the roadsters, the ultimate "OS" is Enkie 8 spokes in the Datsun lug pattern (somewhat rare now). We (roadster folk) found some late 60's photo of Nissan's "Works" roadsters, wearing 8 spoke wheels, that, in light of some of the information you found are likely the KS 8 spokes you spoke of in the other thread.

So what "schools" do we have?

60's Brit - Minilight

60's US - Ansen

70's JDM - KS?

70's US - Libra

80's JDM - SSR, Meshies, Hyashi

More?

p.s. Kobe Seiko (way way too expensive)
Save your pennies!

ohh no.. i was just mentioning wheels that look VERY similar.. like based off the same classic design.. but each manufactures touch....

There are tons and tons of classic wheels for our cars...

i just wrote a baby list of wheels that look similar to Panasports/Watanabe's.. and/or other options.