IGNORED

front speakers

280z

What if you put a microphone under the hood and amplify the engine sound? Or make your own engine-sound synthesizer? LOL

A Microphone would require an amplifier and assorted electronic items, which would further tax the electrical system of the car, let alone figuring out where to tie it in so that it only operated when the engine was running and so that it didn't cause other anomalies. You wouldn't want it working when it's just the squirrels in your air-breather having an intimate moment. Then again, when the carb's backfired, that would be an experience. LOL :stupid:

Why not simply weld a 1/2" to 3/4" metal bar and a couple of feet long to the engine block, then route it through the firewall and the center console (seeing as you have it chopped up anyhow) and put a rubber tip on it. That way when you wanted to listen to the engine you could rest your forehead on the tip and through resonance through the metal and into the bone mass in your head you'd hear every tiny little sound. LOL Heck, on second thought, due to the bone mass involved, that might work as it's own power amplifier and deafen people around you. :devious:

But if you're going to go with a sound synthesizer, you should definitely go all the way and get one from the Luke Skywalker Jedi Fighter X-wing toys, or Darth Vader's fighter. Or even the Knight Rider's Kit Car. LOL :stupid:

Enrique

P.S.: For those individuals who did NOT detect the note of sarcasm, please be advised that there was a heavy dose applied to this post. Heck, it was literally MARINATED in it.

Don't try this at home, whether you're a professional bonehead or not.

You know who you are, and so do the rest of us.

• 1 year later...

Oh And By The Way........as Far As The Microphone Set Up Goes. Since Your Radio Isnt Doing You Any Good.... You Could Just Wire The Microphone Onto The Same Fuse Circiut. Then The Microphone Would Only Come On When The Ignition Was Initiated And The Fuzzy Little Critters Could Have Their Privacy!!!!

I am working on making my own door panels out of fiberglass with molded in mounting locations and will be installing a 6 1/2 bass speaker down on the lower front corner and molding in a mounting location up towards the front upper corner near the dash for the mids and highs. I also have a 12" sub that will have a custom molded enclosure in the spare tire well so that I will have an all around good sound for when I don't want to listen to the awesome sound emitted by the nissan six with a custom exhaust!!! Just some plans I am working on. I have upgraded the alternator already using the plug and play adapter sold by Arne and upgraded the headlight harness and parking light harness made by Zs-ondabrain. All of these upgrades are more than worth the cost. Did I mention that they are all plug and play!!! no cutting of original harnesses required!!!

David,

Those custom door panels sound cool. good luck. Please post pics so I can drool over them. :)

I thought about making custom kickpanel enclosures for my 5.25" speakers, but for now I'm just using homemade speaker boxes in the hatch area.

David,

Those custom door panels sound cool. good luck. Please post pics so I can drool over them. :)

I am still in the planning stages so it will still be a while before I actually start making them. I will post pictures of the progress when the time comes however.