IGNORED

front speakers

280z

1) Get the lower dash finisher panels from a 280Z, modify them to fit, and mount the speakers in them(fairly common, easy to remove for a show, and a factory S30 part).

or

2) Mount a pair of dome midrange/tweeters in the steel dash finisher just inside the windshield.(common part, almost never taken at the junk yard-inexpensive and plentiful-but fitting can be somewhat complicated unless you use very shallow speakers, or surface mount))

or

3) Buy a set of door panels off ebay with the cut outs already in them.

or

4) switch to Fierro or Miata Seats with speakers in the headrests.

Wait for a realy good answer I am working on...

Will

I like the two 4- inchers under the quarter windows! It's an 'older' car, so I go with the older-style sound. I even have some tapes with music from the 70's (yeah, they had cassette recievers in the 70's). If you want new-car sound, get a newer car.

:D

i found some high quality speakers (3 1/2") worked well on either side of the center console to the right and left of the radio. they fit flush mounted and are close enough that car and road noise doesn't efect them as bad as the rear speakers.

id like more info, what model are they, any pictures?

Instead of just a plethora of suggestions, I think it would be a better idea to define the goal of this speaker system. the speaker size basically dictates where they will have to go, unfortunately (sorry).

What, exactly, do you want to do with your speakers? Do you have a receiver/amp?

thx.

You should match speakers to your intent, not vice versa. An analogy would be to go road racing on street tyres- not a good idea. If you don't have the right speakers to start with, your sound will not be up to your expectations. I have 4-inch speakers in the stock mounts under the quarter windows. I can hear the music when I drive, which is all I want. I still want to hear what's OUTSIDE the car- like other car/bike horns, emergency vehicle sirens, etc. You really should have the right tool for the job. OR, lower your standards/expectations.

I had a pair of Infinity Reference 3 1/2" in a Monte SS. Great name brand, outstanding sound (esp. for a 3 1/2") and a decent price too. As far as hearing whats going on outside the car, that's what the volume knob/button is for. For my own car audio I always go for quality not quantity.

Nate