IGNORED

Police Version

jszarecki

Thanks for the additional pics and info Alan. That reminds me - last time I was there we went to a "kiku" festival of some sort. Next time I'm there I'll take a closer look at a police car if I can find one - or if I'm lucky the Nissan museum will be open and will have the ZG cop car you mentioned!!

michael

G'day everyone :)

Ever seen evidence of a KPGC10 or KGC10,(old Skyline two doors) in a Police Car? These kits are the closest I've come to anything in an old Skyline...

Cheers,

Jim.

Now I'm answering my own questions. I found this picture! Still not a real one though :(

post-6441-14150794872254_thumb.jpg

Well I looked and looked, and didn't find a single pic of a Hakosuka Skyline in Police guise.......

Seems to be possible to find just about any other model in Police colours, except the C10. Strange.

I don't think we can trust the plastic kit versions to be 100% proof that they existed. The manufacturers would often re-pop an old kit in new colours / box art, with a few extra parts, just to get more use out of an old mould.

I'll keep looking, though....... :classic:

post-2116-14150794872477_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150794872675_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150794872894_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150794873098_thumb.jpg

In Florida, it is quite common to see a drug-bust confiscated sports car or boat in police colors. The sight always brings a smile to my face. This thread has done the same and I want to thank everyone for a very interesting off-topic discussion and the photographs. Thanks for the smiles

I am with you Chris. This is a great thread. The Cosmo cop car is very cool.

I remember seeing pictures of an early Silvia in police form. Thank you Alan for the information on the Fairlady 240ZG. Those are the pictures, and it was out of the February, 2005 'Old Timer' magazine if anyone is interested.

Ben :)