IGNORED

Carbon parts (post suggestions)

mull

Ah, I see mull. Disregaurd what I said earlyer. How long has your friend been working with CF?

A little over 10 years or so I think.

That weight calculation was an aproximate value including heater and instruments. Which would add up to over 40 lbs.

I would suggest that you stick to making parts that are not currently manufactured...hoods, hatches tail light panels and ZG flares out of CF are already available through several sources.

R

Duuhhh! That's what I'd call false marketing? If the new fiberglass dash

doesn't even have the vents etc - why would you keep the extra weight

anyway? Might as well throw it out anyway and save 20 lb at no cost at all.. ROFL

Hi Guys - there is a guy on HybridZ called Vince already doing these parts, I have some on order. His game plan is to take deposits in advance, make the components and ship them, that way he can keep costs down by doing a run of 20 or 30 pieces at a time.

If you are interested, search for Carbon and you will find the thread.

Cheers

Andy

WTF??? Are you even reading what I'm writing?!? I'm getting custom CF-parts

made by a guy that lives close to me - closer than f-ing Japan or the US anyway.

I don't give 2 crappy cents if who-ever makes them in where-ever. I was asking

if anyone wanted any part in particular made - not if everyone who's ever heard

of some guy who knows a guy who makes CF for the Z's ...

For crying out loud...! :stupid:

edit: Sorry if I'm getting pissed off - but if I start a thread asking for people

to post suggestions on parts than can be made from CF - I'm NOT requesting

a rundown of people who are making standard parts already!!! ffs... :mad:

Mull- whatever...Have your guy make you a dash out of CF and good luck. Your going to need it. We built them, it is difficult, it is a big weight savings in a race car and it keeps the look and integrity of the original car.

you want to cry about specifics of weight savings. Go right ahead as I have nothing more to say to you.

Mull- whatever...Have your guy make you a dash out of CF and good luck. Your going to need it. We built them, it is difficult, it is a big weight savings in a race car and it keeps the look and integrity of the original car.

you want to cry about specifics of weight savings. Go right ahead as I have nothing more to say to you.

Haha :)

Save 250 lb by switching to ACME windshield wipers!

(Please note, to get the 250 lb saving - you need to remove the engine) :stupid: ROFL

I wasn't asking for anyone to give a sales pitch in this thread anyway

so go whine elsewhere yourself. Sheesh! :) :lick:

Mull very eloquently put NOT and a perfect example of how not to behave on a forum - glad you are in Sweden as that attitude would get you into big trouble elsewhere.

You were given two ears and only one mouth for a reason.

Hi Bambikiller - I weighed up the risks and thought it would be OK, this guy is well known on the HybridZ forum and people speak highly of his work. I have seen photos and his stuff seems to be very good, made from F1 carbon (no kevlar in the weave). It is a bit of a risk I accept but hey, we all have to trust somebody sometime and he is so well known I thought I could trust him. Time will tell whether there was any wisdom in that decision :D

Mull very eloquently put NOT and a perfect example of how not to behave on a forum - glad you are in Sweden as that attitude would get you into big trouble elsewhere.

You were given two ears and only one mouth for a reason.

Yeah, and I can see people can write enough crap with their two hands

to have my two eyes read it and have my one brain draw the conclusion

that what I read was not what I asked for.

I can't see any issues regarding my reaction in this case. I asked a simple

question. If I wanted to know something else - I would've asked for it.

Posting OFFTOPIC is naturally the perfect example of how to behave on

a board. Sorry I must've missed out on that info when registering.

Regarding my attitude: I assume you know the people posting their

sales pitches since you appear teary eyed from my nonchalant replies.

Why don't all of you (who think your carbon parts are the best) start

your own thread? I could come tell you all about growing raspberries

or something - as that would have as much connection to the topic

as your posts in this thread.

I speak my mind - so sue me...

Okay, you spoke your mind, Ron spoke his. At some point is this thread going to head back in it's original direction?

I was hoping it would after my 4:th post.

Now spill your mind on parts you'd want to see made from carbon :classic: